Page 540 of 545 FirstFirst ... 40440490530531532533534535536537538539540541542543544545 LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 10890

Thread: What are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMica View Post
    Well, my motto regarding music is that life is too short to limit yourself to specific kinds of music. If it's a good song then I will give it a listen.

Currently I have been really into Blues and Country (Mostly Cash, Hank Williams). Sometimes I also listen to obscure 80's pop, jazz and just general Rock n Roll (non-era specific).

Johnny Cash and Elvis have been my all-time favorites since I was little.
    My motto is life is too short to listen to shitty music, so that's why I limit my genres.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

"How reviews fuck with an artist’s mental health"
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/ar...-mental-health

"But the minute you start to release music, it’s time to step away from the critical pen. You are now inherently in competition with the people you’re writing about, even if they work in other genres."

Can Dazed stop please. They're trying to put parental controls on real life.

From the article:

"White men and women are often deeply unqualified to cover certain forms of music."

Not that it starts strong, but from this point forward the delusion really intensifies. This lunatic goes on to discredit reviews from a critic who doesn't share the same background of their subject. Complaining about the lack of cross-cultural comprehension and yet essentially arguing for the segregation of music critique. How do they not see the irony in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    From the article:

"White men and women are often deeply unqualified to cover certain forms of music."

Not that it starts strong, but from this point forward the delusion really intensifies. This lunatic goes on to discredit reviews from a critic who doesn't share the same background of their subject. Complaining about the lack of cross-cultural comprehension and yet essentially arguing for the segregation of music critique. How do they not see the irony in that?
    Dazed is programmed to cater to the knee-jerk, self-flaggelating, absurdly PC millenial set. It's their audience of micro-aggrieved and they'll pour this crap on them the way Fox News pours on the rednecks. It's an audience-driven, click-bait ridden, bow-to-stats operation. There is no surprise in them publishing this crap any more than in Sean Hennity supporting Trump.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    My motto is life is too short to listen to shitty music, so that's why I limit my genres.
    ... that's silly, you can find exceptional music of any genre

schwefelgelb!!!! [a+w XI]

Quote Originally Posted by MaxM View Post
    ... that's silly, you can find exceptional music of any genre
    Perhaps (Though I wonder what exceptional country music sounds like). The point is that we all have finite time and energy and must allocate it accordingly. I am not going to spend hour upon hours wading through the steaming pile of banality and mysoginy that most hip hop is to find gems like Lupe Fiasco.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Wow Stealth, with the conversation about CCP's sneakers I thought you were uptight, but that FB Bros song is one of my favorites

But yeah Faust, I also think The Prince of Darkness, Nick Cave, has some of his best moments while doing country

Quote Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
    Wow Stealth, with the conversation about CCP's sneakers I thought you were uptight, but that FB Bros song is one of my favorites

But yeah Faust, I also think The Prince of Darkness, Nick Cave, has some of his best moments while doing country
    I think it's different - Leonard Cohen also has a couple of songs set to country music, but they are not country musicians.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Since Country is discussed I have to mention the great Chet Atkins, his groove, style and sound are simply amazing.

With legendary Les Paul.
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Fantastic...

End of the week tunes...

Instrumental Sunday...

That Clokworx record was one of the first things I ever ordered over the internet. GREAT!

A sensational release by R&S...

Rediscovered my love for BATTLES

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton