Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

lowery got it...shit pic and the beige from this season.
    I must say on thy looked really cool non the less.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      I am one of those that wouldn't show interest in a designer if I didn't support the most out there ideas they convey. I don't want Rick Owens to be remembered for his leather jackets, and I don't want CCP to be remembered for his. I applaud ccp for his horse tail coat and piglet handbag. Wouldn't mind seeing pictures of those if anyone has them. I saw them before, but forgot to save them,

Comment

• thank you!

Comment

• Venus in Furs
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

Not the horsetail coat, but close

And some other interesting things

Udder Crown

Udder Bag

Pig Intestine Pullover

Comment

• Spencer
            • Feb 2007

Whoa. Thread is getting kinda creepy...

Comment

• Venus in Furs
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Ha, I just finished a philosophy assignment for Uni which looked at some of Poell's work so I've stumbled across a lot of stuff the last few days.

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                Ha, I just finished a philosophy assignment for Uni which looked at some of Poell's work so I've stumbled across a lot of stuff the last few days.
                Such as?
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Probably stuff you guys have mostly seen. Just articles, photos etc. The MAK website has quite a lot of stuff.

One thing I was wondering, is that black and white pic the only one that exists of Poell himself? I've never seen any other photo of him.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I've been enamored with the pig intestine pullover ever since I've seen it. It's one of the pieces of his that I've really really wanted.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

The pieces I really want are the ramie coat Snaf has, The leather fencing jacket Klangspiel is selling, and the belt rug on ebay, which, if I'm not mistaken, is yours?

Those are my grail CCP pieces atm

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                        this is interesting, Albert, can you say more?
                        Sure Laika!

My interpretation of Carol's womenswear is that he finds less freedom with the designing itself. I see him expressing this frustration (if one can call it that) by blatantly being subversive in his designs; dresses that expose genitalia etc.

At the same time, I find that he demonstrates his understanding (appreciation even) of the female form through the cast leather pieces such as the white stiff cast leather dress that was formed and fit to the model before drying. The long dresses he's created in leather with the blood dying are pretty well cut and bring attention to the classic hourglass figure and some of his pieces do a "peek a boo" type job with glimpses of breasts and wide and deep exposed views of the back.

The restrictive nature and feel that a lot of his womenswear pieces evoke what I see as Carol demonstrating disinterest in womenswear 'classic' construction/pieces/design as a whole. (classic) skirts, blouses, dresses, footwear, purses don't seem to interest him. If anything, I see his womenswear designs from back then as the most imaginative and creative works he's done. The menswear has almost always been wearable/essentially wearable while he completely freed himself when it came to constructing the womens pieces and ideas to the collections.

Perhaps it's scheduling these days that has made him abandon that unhindered creativity of those collections or pure business practicality necessitating both the mens and womens pieces be wearable/marketable as much as Carol's work can be.

Of course I could be doing the standard overdissection/overanalyzation of CCP that others apply to other artists' works

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                          The pieces I really want are the ramie coat Snaf has, The leather fencing jacket Klangspiel is selling, and the belt rug on ebay, which, if I'm not mistaken, is yours?

Those are my grail CCP pieces atm

That piece is indeed mine... certainly open to trades. Just drop me a pm if you got some stuff!

if it fits you, Klang's fencing is one of THE pieces to get. Quintessential Carol that balances aggression and elegance in the most perfect of ways.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Yeh, it'd be my size, he's in Australia as well, same as me

I'm going overseas in January, so right now was the worst time for these grails to pop up. Unfortunately, I have nothing worth trading either. See how it goes though, if no one else picks them up, I may just have to kop a blow to my credit card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              Sure Laika!

My interpretation of Carol's womenswear is that he finds less freedom with the designing itself. I see him expressing this frustration (if one can call it that) by blatantly being subversive in his designs; dresses that expose genitalia etc.

At the same time, I find that he demonstrates his understanding (appreciation even) of the female form through the cast leather pieces such as the white stiff cast leather dress that was formed and fit to the model before drying. The long dresses he's created in leather with the blood dying are pretty well cut and bring attention to the classic hourglass figure and some of his pieces do a "peek a boo" type job with glimpses of breasts and wide and deep exposed views of the back.

The restrictive nature and feel that a lot of his womenswear pieces evoke what I see as Carol demonstrating disinterest in womenswear 'classic' construction/pieces/design as a whole. (classic) skirts, blouses, dresses, footwear, purses don't seem to interest him. If anything, I see his womenswear designs from back then as the most imaginative and creative works he's done. The menswear has almost always been wearable/essentially wearable while he completely freed himself when it came to constructing the womens pieces and ideas to the collections.

Perhaps it's scheduling these days that has made him abandon that unhindered creativity of those collections or pure business practicality necessitating both the mens and womens pieces be wearable/marketable as much as Carol's work can be.

Of course I could be doing the standard overdissection/overanalyzation of CCP that others apply to other artists' works

This seems to be the case with every fucking designer I see, reserved for a few. They see the woman from the outside, making something that is visually pleasing or has visual impact, but has the experience of wearing it as second priority, and the other way around with mens wear. Mens wear is almost entirely designed from the inside of it, imagining how it will be worn, and how it'll make you feel. this stops creativity. We've seen MA and CD have this subjective angle to womens wear, making it appear less "striking" visually, but probably better garments to wear, but very few designers objectify men to make them ornaments or creatures. This is wear i see unexplored ground.

I would've loved to see ccp's angle of womens wear put on mens wear.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                                This seems to be the case with every fucking designer I see, reserved for a few. They see the woman from the outside, making something that is visually pleasing or has visual impact, but has the experience of wearing it as second priority, and the other way around with mens wear. Mens wear is almost entirely designed from the inside of it, imagining how it will be worn, and how it'll make you feel. this stops creativity. We've seen MA and CD have this subjective angle to womens wear, making it appear less "striking" visually, but probably better garments to wear, but very few designers objectify men to make them ornaments or creatures. This is wear i see unexplored ground.

I would've loved to see ccp's angle of womens wear put on mens wear.
                                Very interesting point. About your last suggestion, maybe RO, who is going along the reverse path, from women to men, makes a move in this direction: I think of FW09's wedges, skorts, wrap around leather-shearling-cotton jackets, long black wool dresses... who come from Women lines and are translated into his Men's wardrobe.
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎