Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marko
    • Jul 2009

If I understand you correctly, Heirloom, I agree with you. Not enough men's wear is designed to make men look beautiful in the same way that women's is. I do not mind being objectified as long as it is a positive way (I don't mind being a piece of meat as long as it is pretty one). Also, life is not long enough to wear boring or uninteresting clothes.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Fibreglass coat

It appears that the Fibreglass coat isn't exactly "1 of 1".
      I know of another store that's expecting one piece...
      Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 11-11-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

maybe it means in this size of this model^
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by magic View Post
          maybe it means in this size of this model^
          it's the same size...

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

maybe mr poell have the answer..
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

When a piece is special ordered/made to order CCP stamps the tags as 1 of 1.

When you receive a custom order the tag is 1 of 1 so perhaps since the fiberglass coat was not made in a set quantity (that is, no employee sat down and hammered out 10 of them in various sizes) it was available for individual order and thus each coat is 1 of 1 versus something like the footwear or the gloves where a batch was made and the product divvied up to the stores that ordered it.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Maybe another Store put à Order later...at the Time it was posted ccp themselves told us that it was the only piece ordered...or is it already delivered?
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  Heirloom, it would be interesting to see what you would do if you were a designer.........
                  thank you :) you shouldn't have to wait for too long.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    Maybe another Store put à Order later...at the Time it was posted ccp themselves told us that it was the only piece ordered...or is it already delivered?
                    I don't think it's delivered to that store yet...but as far as i know, it's available...ie not reserved or paid for yet...

Comment

• huckleberry
                      • Jul 2009

Thinking of buying the CCP Kangaroo parka featured on Atelier from last season (may be the season before I am unsure). I looked back through this thread and saw mixed opinions. Just looking for any opinions as to comfort/wearability.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

amazing piece for sure, but not sure about wearability. I haven't tried it on but have felt it by hand, the parachute fabric is loud.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                          • Jun 2007

I tried it on, it had a paper like feeling to it, very thin and it feels very fragile. On the other hand, the texture and color is amazing. It definitely stands out when worn and it does not have a slender cut like his signature 3/4 length coats. It is indeed a flattering piece and you will definitely be the coolest kid on the block if where you live requires a parka.

But for the price you pay, you better off buying the horse leather bomber jacket because the price tag on that CCP parka is definitely more on the steep side.

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
                          Thinking of buying the CCP Kangaroo parka featured on Atelier from last season (may be the season before I am unsure). I looked back through this thread and saw mixed opinions. Just looking for any opinions as to comfort/wearability.

Comment

• huckleberry
                            • Jul 2009

Thanks for the info guys, well actually I have the chance to buy it for considerably less than the horse leather jacket otherwise as you say it would be best to go for that. I think its the infamous noise it makes that worries me the most.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                              • Aug 2008

Don't worry about the noise. That's part of what comes with the collection and it is wholly intentional. I've got one of the "paper" shirts from that season. I love the sound it makes. You should just go with it. Embrace it.

Comment

• May 2007

Those LUC suture pants have the same sound when I tried them on and walked around... anyone see the movie "untitled"? Really subtly funny film parodying the New York art scene. The protagonist is an artist that makes audio art and he falls in love with a girl that wears outfits that unintentionally makes sounds - dress made out of bells, skirt made from plastic, etc.

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                                Don't worry about the noise. That's part of what comes with the collection and it is wholly intentional. I've got one of the "paper" shirts from that season. I love the sound it makes. You should just go with it. Embrace it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎