• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Venus in Furs
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by merz
    i disagree. they're the only sneakers, not counting early 1900's stuff, i'd consider wearing. get them if you can. i'd be looking to, if i could..
    I don't like those sneakers at all, but I can definitely see you pulling them off. They're very much your style.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

wire, i can dig those sneakers, i think they'd work well with what you're working with now. Is it just me or do I think you like those because they seem like something that may have come from the bearded sage...
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kallun
        • Dec 2006

I own these in a dark green and like them a lot. They look even better with some wear.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        wire, I really like these, I would definitely wear them,
        these and the Margiela sneakers are on my list!

I agree with you on some level, but these are so aesthetically appealing and well designed that they supersede that perspective..........................

Comment

• black horizons
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Sneakers must die!
          So, every activity you do you wear boots or dress shoes? Sneakers have their time and place, everyone could use a pair at some point.

Even Carol recognizes that.
          www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• mesh
            • Dec 2006

Sneakers are ok, mandals on the other hand...

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

faust plays soccer in demeulmeester combats

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                faust plays soccer in demeulmeester combats
                I had a friend who played in combat boots when we were young and he ended up being Nicknamed "The Governor!"

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                Sneakers are ok, mandals on the other hand...
                Yea, those I absolutely want no part of!
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by black horizons View Post
                  So, every activity you do you wear boots or dress shoes? Sneakers have their time and place, everyone could use a pair at some point.

Even Carol recognizes that.
                  Except sports, beach and picnics, yes. Who cares about what carol recognizes? The whole designer sneaker craze came about after Prada realized that there are people out there who are willing to pay a lot of money for casual clothes. The rest of the designers jumped on the bandwagon when they saw how much money she started making. Same goes for designer denim.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I think there is a difference between simply making a pair of sneakers or these so called designer sneakers (prada, dior, lanvin and whatever) I don't really see Carol falling into the latter, ie designing sneakers because they are a hyped product. I agree that theres a time for sneakers here and there, I tend to wear leather shoes pretty much everywhere nowadays, but every now and then I do wear my attachment and pierre hardy sneakers, never with more dressed up clothes though.

either way, I can't say that I like these based on the pictures. maybe they'd look better worn, not sure.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by kallun View Post
                      I own these in a dark green and like them a lot. They look even better with some wear.
                      I assume these ss04?

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      I think there is a difference between simply making a pair of sneakers or these so called designer sneakers (prada, dior, lanvin and whatever) I don't really see Carol falling into the latter, ie designing sneakers because they are a hyped product.
                      I wear casually most of the time, so to me, sneakers are as important as any other clothing. ; )
                      Last edited by fenrost; 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                        • Feb 2009

Why would you ever want a double closure, with zippers and laces? I don't like design to supress function.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                          Why would you ever want a double closure, with zippers and laces? I don't like design to supress function.
                          maybe sneakers isnt sneakers without laces?

maybe it's just for ppl who hates tying laces?

design or function? fashionable or not? each to it's own.

Comment

• clay
                            • Sep 2006

Doh!!!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            You don't hang out here nearly enough.
                            Ok, fair enough Faust. Got me on that ( Thanks Zam ).

What up Crouka!

Zam I've been busy ( finally). Got a few irons in the fire.

Stop by the spot sometimes when yr around the city. I may need you to fix a suit of mine.I'll have my people call yr people.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

for sneakers, maybe, but for tall boots, zippers are the most functional thing ever, and i love how it looks to boot.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

have you ever wore sneakers with more than eight eyelets???

btw sneakers are always important for me.. casual is my day to day
                                WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎