X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

I thought Runner from tFS had some fattaomano... a similar shirt/jacket to that one done in deerskin I think...

sick piece. I can only hope to fully outfit my wardrobe with CCP/Carpe(and it's substituents) one day. It'd be a wardrobe that would fit any age.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
        [/quote]

Oh they've carried carpe for mens for a while... some stuff I would guess may even be linea actually... tagless...

So they got more items in? I buy from Anthony there.. nice guy! Plus... they put their carpe footwear on sale. I'm wondering if I can convince Antony to discount the clothes for me. That would be pretty nice hehehe.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

linea usually isn't tagless (at least the non-leather stuff). they have that crazy long ass tag with the built in hanger. like the one i posted above

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="Faust"]IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
            [/quote]

Oh they've carried carpe for mens for a while... some stuff I would guess may even be linea actually... tagless...

So they got more items in? I buy from Anthony there.. nice guy! Plus... they put their carpe footwear on sale. I'm wondering if I can convince Antony to discount the clothes for me. That would be pretty nice hehehe.

[/quote]

Really? I guess I've never noticed. I've always noticed the women's, but not the mens (except the footwear)...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Hmm, yeah I've seen the linea at A. I may be WAY off but I coulda sworn I saw a couple long tagged pieces at IF as well as the completely tagless items.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

here's a similar shirt in an I. angora, wool, silk II. bamboo, elasthane blend from the anatomica line.

considering it.. worried about the fit though and it ain't exactly cheap either.

[/quote]

edit: this is actually sartoria. the tag reads MtM S - so i assume that is sartoria [;)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Some Linea eye candy for y'all!

Alan Bilzerian just got in a piece that is either Linea or a custom one of a kind. As AB does with all his stuff, there is no extra long tag to indicate that it is Linea exactly but it has the linen shirt-cut cover done with lots and lots of pull strings all over it so it looks almost like a black tunic.

The coat itself is a thigh length leather coat where the upper mandarin collar portion has linen sandwiched in between for a beautiful raw edged top. The coat is half lined in a herringbone fabric (very thick) and it's been folded so there are triple pockets on the inner left breast.

The coat is cut from only a couple pieces of flawless leather and the edge of the hide makes up the irregular bottom hem. Really amazing. I tried it on and it looks sick!

Too bad it's $6300.

Unfortunately like many other Carpe pieces at Alan Bilzerian, it's destined to sit there forever.

-A

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

if it has a case that is wearable it's a linea piece as the whole idea behind the label was to be a "second skin" so the pieces themselves had a second skin

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Well that was my assumption, but I had no extra long tag to confirm this. Plus as far as I know Linea is no longer being made? This is what I had read on the tFS forum a while ago.

The raw bottom hem also strongly pointed to linea (as did the price tag... which actually sounds semi-reasonable in terms of Linea pricing).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Oh man... tempting me with a carpe project Faust!

I tell you what, if that jumpsuit is still there weekend after next when I'll be back in NY, I will seriously consider it. Do you remember the price? $500-700? Although I can't remember how much the jumpsuit cost.... it would be a fun project to deconstruct it into a jacket and pants. Not incredibly difficult either

Yah, I knew which one Laika was referring to, I was just wondering where she picked it up? C21 have some Linea/Carpe for womens? Or only Carpe for men?

Man that linea stuff looks so sweet. Can't get enough of it!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Oh man, I KNEW that piece had to be linea.

I tried on the 3 layered short version of the one pictured above (the all gray version was too oversized) and it wasn't horrible actually...a decent sweater as long as you're wearing some deconstructed pants. A little too severe for my tastes though. Very nicely constructed although because of the nature of the top blue/green layer, it was coming off and holes were forming. Super thin felt doesn't hold up well to the heavy handling at C21 haha

-A

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

These are old, but I thought they might belong here. I really, really love both of these images. [U]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Oooooooh, I see. This thing was supposed to go on your shoulders! It was a womens piece that the knowledgable C21 staff put in the menswear department. Thanks, Laika - you saved me some confusion.

Albert - give this thing to your girlfriend [:P]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Hmm, man I'm all sorts of confused now about the neckwarmer thing.

I've seen the exact same knit and (presumably the same size) on yahoo auctions as a neck warmer and then here it's presented almost like a shawl type piece.

Well, I wore it today as a neck warmer and it worked pretty well hahaha. I'd give it to my gf but it's not even close to her style :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎