X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

leather question

dear sz-ers, hi. wondering if anyone can help me. one of my black cdiem leather shirts has become 'sticky' in some parts after being crumpled up inside my closet over the past few months... at first i thought it might be mold, but visually the 'sticky' areas and the normal smooth areas look the same (ie no color changes or discoloration) so have no idea what's causing this and how to deal with it... has anyone come across this problem before? please advice how to deal with it. much appreciated :) (the shirt's never been washed).

also have a white one that i don't dare wash yet... i remember reading about washing somewhere in this thread before but cannot find it... is it 'safe' to wash in water or should i send it in for dryclean? please advice either way.

thanks alot everyone :)

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

The stickiness could be from natural leather oils that leak out over time under pressure. A good clean can possibly help. However, I can't vouch that this is what this is :).

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

These jackets are washable. Never tried doing it though :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I've washed my grey shirt. to be honest I'm not sure if there was any change as the colour was uneven to begin with. it did shrink about half a size and seems to stretch back out.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Not sure if I've posted these jackets before. Found them in my archives. I have the burgundy one.
            Attached Files
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

and a few more
              Attached Files

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sissyleaks
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                The shoe casings to me were almost more intriguing than the footwear itself. A casing that laces on the sides and splits mid-foot... as if the shoe were a foot and the casing the shoe. With the real foot within the shoe within the canvas/papier mache, there is some potential to evolve this into treating footwear in layers with different components serving different purposes.
                Someone here is putting the puzzle together .
                Heres a clue... 1+1 = 3

Comment

• docus
                  • Dec 2010

Faust - great photos! The burgandy one you have is stunning. I have the black one in the first two images - the L'Malteri heavy jacket - I must take some snaps for the archives, because the fabric is really amazing, a densely woven cotton with a sublime texture. Please trawl your archives more often!

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

Read elsewhere that there is a new line of footwear - maurizio's 'm_moria' but no details.
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                      Read elsewhere that there is a new line of footwear - maurizio's 'm_moria' but no details.
                      there was a thread (or an attempt at one) about this two years back:

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• sissyleaks
                        • Dec 2011

----------------
                        Last edited by sissyleaks; 02-28-2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

well, m_moria, the much talked about and little seen project has dropped a minor note at eastern market. i contacted them and all they've got is a 38 and 42 left. neither of which will fit me.

have at it.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                            well, m_moria, the much talked about and little seen project has dropped a minor note at eastern market. i contacted them and all they've got is a 38 and 42 left. neither of which will fit me.

have at it.
                            The Mines of Moria?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

in an exlcusive reverse seal leather case; the disc has been object dyed and comes pre-scratched. if you pre-ordered you get an additional quest which if completed grants you the spell "overdye".

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

wait a minute... what? New Altieri?!

Interesting to see more of Altieri's work, but the silhouette of these is a bit of a departure from his sleeker footwear silhouette.

Any other works?
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎