• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]Where's carrying Rick Owens in London? I can't stand Brown's mark-up and Liberty's are a bit hopeless...
    [/quote]

Those are the only two I can think of (I liked Liberty's buy much better actually). I'm surprised DSM and Library don't have him. And you know what I say, if you are really prepared to clunk down a bunch of cash, why not make a trip out of it? Your ticket to Paris + RO prices there will probably equal RO prices in London.

P.S. And there is always YOOX, and a seller called threedifferent on Ebay.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.

I'm not so sure about that aw collection...it's definately not my thing, but even so there are some dodgy looks there. Those bigfur boots?! Surely not.

Comment

• Kodak
        • Oct 2006

Like everyone stated before I really like this collection but there are some things I would change. The first thing I would change is making the fur collar on the first leather jacket all black instead of the black and white. It is looking a little too pepe la peu for my tastes.Also like Johnny said, I would get rid of those Chewbacca boots.

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
          • Jan 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.[/quote]

I asked about this. They will be carrying it, it just hasn't come yet, apparently. (Also they only ordered one size of each Demeulemeester piece. Why? Why? Why?)

the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• nambla
            • Sep 2006

absolutely stunning.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]

[quote user="Johnny"]Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.[/quote]

I asked about this. They will be carrying it, it just hasn't come yet, apparently. (Also they only ordered one size of each Demeulemeester piece. Why? Why? Why?)

[/quote]

To make you buy it at retail for fear of it being gone, of course,

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                • Jan 2007

They sold out of the double-layered waistcoat in small and medium about a day after the new collection hit the floor, so their fiendish plan is looking less fiendish and more stupid... but I guess I can make another detour while I'm in Paris buying my Rick Owens.
                the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• explicit
                  • Jan 2007

well, until seeing that aw collection, i'd never felt the need to pick up any owens stuff. now, though... i fucking want all of it.

Comment

• Monty76
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="explicit"]well, until seeing that aw collection, i'd never felt the need to pick up any owens stuff. now, though... i fucking want all of it.
                    [/quote]

I honestly couldn't agree more.. ahaha awesome stuff

Comment

• khiev
                      • Nov 2006

This is the cardigan that Faust mentioned earlier in this thread. Gentry at A. kindly took a picture for me. $590. Beautiful but I'm not sure if I could pull if off, nor whether it's part of my style...and with the arms cut so slim like that, how in the world does rick does fit into them?!?

Has anyone else besides Albert shortened their rick owens t? I'm thinking of getting rid of a couple of inches, but dunno if the hem will look the same.

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

Everything in his new collection looks great, except the weird hairy boots (wtf?).

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

This is the cardigan that Faust mentioned earlier in this thread. Gentry at A. kindly took a picture for me. $590. Beautiful but I'm not sure if I could pull if off, nor whether it's part of my style...and with the arms cut so slim like that, how in the world does rick does fit into them?!?

[/quote]

Isn't it cool? Looks great on his frame.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nambla
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

Has anyone else besides Albert shortened their rick owens t? I'm thinking of getting rid of a couple of inches, but dunno if the hem will look the same.

[/quote]

That was seriously the coolest draped thing i have ever seen. its totally running julius overalthough it takes a bit more from the carrier to pull off.

regarding shortening the rick owens t. why would you want to do that for? the length of the tee combined with that it is seamless (except for the one in the back) makes the tee get a cylinder shape which is both awesome and creative. I have the the pentagram tee i don't know whats going on with the other tees but the one i have is created that way.

Comment

• khiev
                              • Nov 2006

Here are some of the reasons why I want to cut my rick owens t from last s/s season: I just received my rick owens t from A. today and I was very very pleasantly surprised- rick owens has addressed all of my little quirks and created the perfect t! Not only is the t-shirt shorter (as in more in proportion for those who arent over 6ft), it's also features a narrower cut around the body, making the t-shirt bunch much more nicely at the bottom. In addition, the trademark twisted seam at the back has been improved upon, this time creating much more of a 'swerving' effect around the body. The t-shirt has simply been improved upon so much more, and it drapes that much more beautifully now. It's seriously the nicest t-shirt I've ever owned and I've already placed another order for two more t-shirts.

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="khiev"]Here are some of the reasons why I want to cut my rick owens t from last s/s season: I just received my rick owens t from A. today and I was very very pleasantly surprised- rick owens has addressed all of my little quirks and created the perfect t! Not only is the t-shirt shorter (as in more in proportion for those who arent over 6ft), it's also features a narrower cut around the body, making the t-shirt bunch much more nicely at the bottom. In addition, the trademark twisted seam at the back has been improved upon, this time creating much more of a 'swerving' effect around the body. The t-shirt has simply been improved upon so much more, and it drapes that much more beautifully now. It's seriously the nicest t-shirt I've ever owned and I've already placed another order for two more t-shirts.
                                [/quote]

Does anyone have any pictures of this / know how much they cost? I'm always looks for good plain shirt with a twist that work for people who aren't like eleven feet tall (no offense, tall people).
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎