X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

I wouldn't called Escentric avante garde necessarily...more lazy and derivative. One is a sole synthetic, and the other is mostly a sole synthetic. This approach may have been considered interesting if Helmut Lang hadn't already done the same thing several years earlier (with a more interesting ingredient at that), who borrowed the concept from CDG.

The reason why some complain of longevity is because of fatigue, which is common when smelling several synthetics ...they tend to come & go. By nature though, this particular synthetic is a basenote and should technically last for quite a while on-skin.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• shah
      • Jul 2009

earlier this morning i dabbled some serge lutens, the ambre sultan. i was transformed into an earlier time. i'll spare the soliloquy for the time being, MBD you'll be receiving some notes from me soon on the matter, I've yet to finishing going through the collection--I passed out after too many whiffs !

Now I've showered and readied for the evening, tried some rose oud by killians. I reminds me of rosa damascena oil ...

Comment

• Halber Mensch
        • Oct 2011

I recently had the chance to try the new SL L'eau froide and again I pretty much love it. The opening feels like iced incense and the scent changes nicely but remains very light yet clearly present.
        I think it's a really good addition to Serge's L'eau line and the name pretty much sums it up.
        I also have to say that I was surprised by it's durability. I've read a couple of reviews which were complaing about the lacking longevity, but I only had a small splash on my wrist and it lasted quite long. Well, then again they've probably taken some other SL scent as a benchmark.

Comment

• birdytg
          • Feb 2010

Halber Mensch: I recently tried the SL "L'Eau Froide" but unfortunately was not long lasting on my skin! So, it makes it out of game for me as I personnally dislike the non long lasting fragrances!
          Shahanshah: Yes, the By Killian "Rose Oud" is exceptional and gorgious, very rosa damascena oil and turkish pastries! One of my favorite fragrances!
          http://www.mypixeldiary.com
          http://www.birdytg.com
          www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
          http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            Bump.

Anyone shopping for spring scents yet?
            A girlfriend of mine just turned me onto Neroli. I've been experimenting and blending essential oils with it. Neroli, mandarin orange, mixed with a little bergamot and tobacco has been a favorite as of late.
            Originally posted by Shucks
            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
            Originally posted by interest1
            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

S-Perfume line is now available at luckyscent.com...only mentioning because 2 of the 3 are superb and ordering from them directly in the past has been a pain.

Luckyscent: the best selection of niche perfumes, fragrances and candles anywhere.

I've mentioned it a million times, but S-ex is one of the best fragrances ever created (and I don't take that position lightly) and is affordable and accessible. 100% Love leans more toward the feminine, but is also a modern marvel and something I can't picture myself ever living without.

......these people should pay me.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

S-ex is kinda of a cheesy name though ;-) Something I imagine laying in your closet next to your A|X belts.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  S-ex is kinda of a cheesy name though ;-) Something I imagine laying in your closet next to your A|X belts.
                  Agreed...although they say it's pronounced "essex" (sigh).

That's the thing with perfume...the image can be totally wrong, sometimes even shameful, but if they hire the right perfumer, you can get past it. I have a hard time buying Bond because it's tacky...Yves Rocher because it's cheap...Diesel because it's Diesel. But they all make a few excellent scents.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Nothing wrong with that. Bond is for bitches who lunch. Throw a bomb in that place.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Nothing wrong with that. Bond is for bitches who lunch. Throw a bomb in that place.
                      The witch that owns Bond is basically everything I dislike about the fragrance industry, but she can afford the best perfumers, one or two of which have managed, without any creative direction, to create brilliant scents. More fluke for bond than anything though, because they could easily have submitted the same draft to someone else who could have lucked out. Too bad creed hasnt had the same luck since the cool water days.

Comment

• Halber Mensch
                        • Oct 2011

I've just discovered that CdG is launching three new fragrances under their Play Label.

Well, the black and the green one sound interesting to me.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Hopefully they're more interesting than the original.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

They have testers available now at the CDG store for the new Play fragrances. I quite liked green for summer, I've kinda always wanted something minty, it's fresh and bright with some classic CDG weirdness underneath it all (I can't put my finger on what, but it's something I've encountered in other CDG fragrances).
                            music

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

I've been wearing L'Ombre dans L'Eau for the past few weeks. At first I thought it was a little too flowery but the more I wear it the more I like how it gets darker as the day wears on. And I tend not to wear scents at all, but this one is very easy.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• morsto
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                                I've been wearing L'Ombre dans L'Eau for the past few weeks. At first I thought it was a little too flowery but the more I wear it the more I like how it gets darker as the day wears on. And I tend not to wear scents at all, but this one is very easy.
                                I think generally the diptyque scents are very nice, although I find most of them to be quite feminine. What do you think of them, Dane? (excuse me if you've answered this before)
                                I do not recognise the vessel,
                                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎