X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JaridRose
    • Jan 2007

Re: Jeremy Scott

I think the idea behind the fries and chocolate, etc. may be that there is some sort of fries and chocolate going on in our lives whether we eat it or not. or wear the clothes or not.

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="onemancult"]Kanye West does not care about SZ's opinions.

[/quote]

at least he makes it up in his accessories (hint: not his chain)

Comment

• onemancult
        • Dec 2006

I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

LOL

I totally missed this entire thread--I was wondering what happened to Tafkap, as he was posting like mad for a few days. What a crazy...

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• minja
            • Dec 2006

Haha for some reason I was thinking about Jeremy Scott on the bus.. (FUCK, I HATE THIS FORUM SOFTWARE. PLEASE, faust, install vBulletin or punBB or SOMETHING!) ANYWAY.

I think most of us here on this forum would agree that fashion is (or can be) art. Certainly I'd agree with that statement. It isn't always, but sometimes outfits, or pieces of clothing, or runway shows, or presentations, or hell - even boutiques - can strike me in the same way a beautiful painting does, or an album, or a photo, or a story...

Assuming the above as a given, wouldn't it be safe to call J.Scott a "pop artist" w/r/t fashion? I mean, what separates what Scott is doing from what Warhol, Lichtenstein, etc. (art history classes rapidly diminishing from memory) are doing?

Will we, ten years from now, look back at this stuff and go "god damn, he was so ahead of his time! Brilliant genius!" Or will we simply restate what we're saying now: it's a bunch of idiotic self-referential trash?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="minja"]

Haha for some reason I was thinking about Jeremy Scott on the bus.. (FUCK, I HATE THIS FORUM SOFTWARE. PLEASE, faust, install vBulletin or punBB or SOMETHING!) ANYWAY.

I think most of us here on this forum would agree that fashion is (or can be) art. Certainly I'd agree with that statement. It isn't always, but sometimes outfits, or pieces of clothing, or runway shows, or presentations, or hell - even boutiques - can strike me in the same way a beautiful painting does, or an album, or a photo, or a story...

Assuming the above as a given, wouldn't it be safe to call J.Scott a "pop artist" w/r/t fashion? I mean, what separates what Scott is doing from what Warhol, Lichtenstein, etc. (art history classes rapidly diminishing from memory) are doing?

Will we, ten years from now, look back at this stuff and go "god damn, he was so ahead of his time! Brilliant genius!" Or will we simply restate what we're saying now: it's a bunch of idiotic self-referential trash?

[/quote]

Sorry, dude - free is free (about software).

About Scott as a pop artist. Yea, I guess you could call him that. But I hate a lot of that "art" as well. To me there is always a concept of creative difficulty, or mastery, or excellence, or craftmanship - whatever you want to call it that Scott has never had, and never will. Bernard Willhelm has it - he is an excellent tailor. Scott just does sweatshirts and tshirts. To take a parallel in art - Kandinsky, before painting the Black Square, which is easy to do, had a proper training in representational art. Look at his ealry work - he could paint. He just chose to work with different concepts. If Scott can make me a beautifully cut suit, the way McQueen can, and then choose do sweatshirts all day long, I am willing to give him benefit of the doubt.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JaridRose
                • Jan 2007

The thing with me isBernhard doesnt come up with his own designs, he takes them from old 60s, 70s, 80s stuff. As a matter of fact there was or maybe still is this sweatshirt print he did with dinosaurs that I promise you was my old bed sheets when I was a 5 year old kid. When I saw that I wanted to get rid of everything I had of him. Also, my sketching teacher who wrote the book 9Heads interviewed him and told me the same thing. Even all that knitted stuff isn't his. If you buy his book, it goes into detail about his stuff.....as far is Jeremy, I do think that his prints will be looked at as a pop artist, he came before bernhard, he had proper training like Kandinsky and I think he will be looked at like a Keith Haring....you can download a video at youtube with him doing the Adicolor Keith Haring stuff. And Bernhard is famous for his prints and sweatshirts not his tailoring. But to each his own.I like them both. I'm not big on prints anyway. But I think wearing a Jeremy shirt with french fries is no "worse" than wearing a bernhard shirt with dinosaurs that used to be on my bedsheets. Like I said, I really don't think I like prints anyways, so it's not my deal. At best it'stoo "rock band t-shirt", which if i want that I will buy my favorite rock band t-shirt. With that being said I see a huge difference between these prints and say something like Morphine Generation (gag).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]

Sorry, could'nt resist...here is another Jeremy Scott customer.

He looks like a winner...

[/quote]

assholes like this are what make me hate misshapes and all the people involved therein. What makes someone think this is an okay way to dress? not to mention, why would they ever think of dropping that much cash on some horrific thing like that... looks like he's wearing a short dress.

Kill him, and then kill me for having to coexist with people like him.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="JaridRose"]

The thing with me isBernhard doesnt come up with his own designs, he takes them from old 60s, 70s, 80s stuff. As a matter of fact there was or maybe still is this sweatshirt print he did with dinosaurs that I promise you was my old bed sheets when I was a 5 year old kid. When I saw that I wanted to get rid of everything I had of him. Also, my sketching teacher who wrote the book 9Heads interviewed him and told me the same thing. Even all that knitted stuff isn't his. If you buy his book, it goes into detail about his stuff.....as far is Jeremy, I do think that his prints will be looked at as a pop artist, he came before bernhard, he had proper training like Kandinsky and I think he will be looked at like a Keith Haring....you can download a video at youtube with him doing the Adicolor Keith Haring stuff. And Bernhard is famous for his prints and sweatshirts not his tailoring. But to each his own.I like them both. I'm not big on prints anyway. But I think wearing a Jeremy shirt with french fries is no "worse" than wearing a bernhard shirt with dinosaurs that used to be on my bedsheets. Like I said, I really don't think I like prints anyways, so it's not my deal. At best it'stoo "rock band t-shirt", which if i want that I will buy my favorite rock band t-shirt. With that being said I see a huge difference between these prints and say something like Morphine Generation (gag).

[/quote]

Have to disagree on Bernhard. His early work is cool, although not my taste. He has excellent tailoring skills. I've seen his stuff, and I've seen Scott's stuff, and they don't compare. They both suck, but if you asked me to look at one out of two, it'd be Bernhard. Look at some stuff in the Young Belgian Fashion Design book, it's pretty interesting.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
                      • Oct 2006

<Kill him, and then kill me for having to coexist with people like him. >

well said.

and for those not living in new york, be thankful that you don't have to encounter this hideousness on a daily basis. its a scary scene.

Comment

• JaridRose
                        • Jan 2007

Just take a bite out of their legs.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎