This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Nov 2017

What's so bad about buying new Helmut Lang? Whether it is inspired by his pre-2004 works or is exact copy of his iconic models — how else can anyone obtain a mint garment? Prices for archival HL are unbearable.

Comment

• Jeroenr
      • May 2016

Originally posted by 068 View Post
      What's so bad about buying new Helmut Lang? Whether it is inspired by his pre-2004 works or is exact copy of his iconic models — how else can anyone obtain a mint garment? Prices for archival HL are unbearable.
      Do you like wearing clothes by a designer with no talent at all? That are copies of whats been made ages ago by a really talented one.
      Then H&M or Zara might fit in there perfectly too. Or get some fake Rick Owens shoes from China.

There is no need to obtain a mint garment for cheap. Either you can afford it or not. There is nothing bad about that.

A designer should create. I want to be impressed. This is just boring me.

Comment

• Nov 2017

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
        Do you like wearing clothes by a designer with no talent at all? That are copies of whats been made ages ago by a really talented one.
        Then H&M or Zara might fit in there perfectly too. Or get some fake Rick Owens shoes from China.
        Fast-fashion and chinese replicas lack quality on one side(which is obvious) and the are not original (which is partly true to new models). Not an option for me.

There is no need to obtain a mint garment for cheap. Either you can afford it or not. There is nothing bad about that.
        It's not only a matter of price. Mint garments of HL are nearly impossible to find. Also, even if it's found and affordable — one can't try it on, because it's not in a local store.

A designer should create. I want to be impressed. This is just boring me.
        Totally agree. I am not justifying untalented designers and corporations behind them. I'm just seeking for a way to obtain quality clothes that are similar to original Lang.

Comment

• Jeroenr
          • May 2016

Originally posted by 068 View Post
          Totally agree. I am not justifying untalented designers and corporations behind them. I'm just seeking for a way to obtain quality clothes that are similar to original Lang.
          Try Yang Li.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gabi
              • Sep 2019

can i have permission to see this collection plz?

Comment

• brandswitch
                • Dec 2019

The work of Helmut Lang is good.

Comment

• kiya
                  • Sep 2019

HL's creative directors do an interview with Hypebeast magazine: https://hypebeast.com/2019/12/helmut...ssue-interview

Comment

• criticizegreen
                    • Dec 2023

Helmut's impact resonates prominently on the fashion runways, making his presence felt in both the realms of menswear and womenswear. One could make a compelling case that two of today's most influential designers, Nicholas Ghesqui

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎