X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Anne Valerie Hash F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Anne Valerie Hash F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

will post the rest and comment in a bit...

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting this, laika! I always have trouble making up my mind with women's collections, but there are a few things I can definitely say that I liked from these pictures. The contrast with plaid and herringbone patterns in the third from the bottom picture is really interesting and gives quite a visual impression. I really enjoy the simple leather boots with the single foldover, but aren't boots like these widely available in second hand shops? I could be wrong on that one. Another thing I appreciate is the bluish variation found in the 5th picture up from the bottom. That color looks awesome mixed with black and reminds me of the blue's used in the FW07/08 Burberry men's show.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Some of it is cool as usual, I like the mix of tough/fragile fabrics, but I think she's been slipping a bit. This definitely looks like ready to wear and not haute couture. I don't mean that haute couture should be all about huge dresses, but I don't see enough tailoring and craftsmanship in these pieces. She's been doing this type of thing for several seasons now. It all looks a bit Chalayanish, too... Hmmm...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Very weird that you mentioned Chalayan, because I noticed that too, and more than a hint of Ghesquiere! Makes it look like a bit of a mish-mash.

I agree with sbw--I really like the mixing of colors, fabrics, patterns and textures here. I think a lot of the pieces would work well individually--very easy to wear, and actually quite youthful this time. But there were a bunch of all-white looks at the end (that I didn't post) that I really disliked, which makes me question the strength of the silhouettes.

BTW, Faust, this is actually pret-a-porter--she just shows off schedule.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Very weird that you mentioned Chalayan, because I noticed that too, and more than a hint of Ghesquiere! Makes it look like a bit of a mish-mash.

I agree with sbw--I really like the mixing of colors, fabrics, patterns and textures here. I think a lot of the pieces would work well individually--very easy to wear, and actually quite youthful this time. But there were a bunch of all-white looks at the end (that I didn't post) that I really disliked, which makes me question the strength of the silhouettes.

BTW, Faust, this is actually pret-a-porter--she just shows off schedule.

[/quote]

Oh, Ok - that explains everything, then.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎