X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Tattoo

Thanks for the link. That guy is seriously a talented artist, I don't think I disliked anything in his tattoo portfolio. Next time I'm out there, I'll have to look him up. How's the pricing out there for tattoos?
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• darkanimal
      • Sep 2006

The great ones, or what I would consider the rockstar tattoo artists where you would have to wait from 2 months to 6 months just to get your appointment are $180-200+/hour. There are so much talent here in the city that you don't have to go for the popular artists. They are simply well known because they have been around the block for so long. There are a lot of underatted tattoo artists and it's just all about researching them and asking around. Like that guy, Regino's rate is $150/hour (2-3 weeks wait time). He's not a superstar tattoo artist yet. That piece took an hour total. Still you can find others who charge a flat $100/hour, really depends on the style you want. So yeah have a look around when you visit here again.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Very cool, thanks Dark. I know there are a lot of 'famous' tattoo artists in NY that command a nominal fee for thier work (Paul Booth comes to mind...) but I'm with you, I like the lesser known artists. $150/hour seems to be the going rate everywhere now a days, even for shit artists (I have yet to find a good artist in LA!). <DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Should have a new tattoo in a month or so, I'll post it up in here when all finished.</DIV>

Comment

• nairb49
          • Dec 2006

very cool. I always thought that if I got a tattoo it would be a large fore-arm tattoo.

I'm calling out Mass to show pics of his, saw it the other night, its pretty badass if you ask me.

Comment

• Agent L
            • Sep 2006

NICE Dark!!! Reg did some work on my neck. He really is a great tattooist and still treats all clients with the same energy and passion as when one first starts. One of my biggest complaints about tattooists is that once they've established a name for themselves, they're work starts to slip and they know they're name can still bring in the $$$. Anyway, congrats on the new piece. Dig it!

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Agent L"]NICE Dark!!! Reg did some work on my neck. He really is a great tattooist and still treats all clients with the same energy and passion as when one first starts. One of my biggest complaints about tattooists is that once they've established a name for themselves, they're work starts to slip and they know they're name can still bring in the $$$. Anyway, congrats on the new piece. Dig it![/quote]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Agent- Would love to see some pics. I'm working out getting tattooed by Reg coming up soon.</DIV>

Comment

• Agent L
                • Sep 2006

That's awesome. You'll be in good hands. The stuff he did on me is actually on his website. It's towards the bottom under the portrait tattoo. Just roses around around my neck. Nothing crazy. What are you getting done btw?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

The plan is for a traditional Japanese tattoo of cherry blossoms, waves, etc. along with my Fathers budo name all on my left torso. It's a memorial for my Pop.

Comment

• Agent L
                    • Sep 2006

Like I said, you'll be in good hands. His traditional Japanese work is sick. And best regards to you and your fam. No better way to memorialize a loved one. Better post some pics as soon as its done! Damn, now I'm itching to get more work done.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Agent L"]Like I said, you'll be in good hands. His traditional Japanese work is sick. And best regards to you and your fam. No better way to memorialize a loved one. Better post some pics as soon as its done! Damn, now I'm itching to get more work done.
                      [/quote]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Thanks man! I'm now contemplating whether I should get it started when he's here in Long Beach for a tattoo convention or if I should wait until I'm out in NY later this year.....ah decisions.</DIV><DIV>Luckily ink is somewhat expensive or else I'd be in trouble....[:)]</DIV>

Comment

• Agent L
                        • Sep 2006

I would definitly get it while he's out there. With my experience with conventions you get some their best work just because they obviously want to show their best work in front of their peers but also everyone just gets pumped being around other artists. Just go for it and tell him Dark and I said hi [Y]

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Haha, will do!

Comment

• unmetro
                            • Sep 2006

Re: Tattoos

I was thinking of getting an Irezumi (in tokyo no less) of the lotus &amp; the wrench (the same as Faust's avatar) from 'Zen &amp; the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'...as that seems to be the most meaningful to me....unsure exactly where I should put it tho....forearm is the current front-runner.</p>

will post pics if it happens....
                            </p>

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Sounds pretty cool. Definitely post some pics if you end up getting it!<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I go to start my back piece in a month while i'm in NY. I can't wait!</DIV>

Comment

• unmetro
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Sounds pretty cool. Definitely post some pics if you end up getting it!<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I go to start my back piece in a month while i'm in NY. I can't wait!</div>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

know where you're going for that?</p>

this NY TimeOut article has some popular choices.... http://www.timeout.com/newyork/artic.../6650/ink-well
                                you have Invisible NYC, NY Adorned, Saved Tattoo, Tattoo Culture being mentioned.
                                </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎