X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

No, I took it to a professional dyeing place. They dyed the entire garment. The color difference is due to fabric composition.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Skye X
      • Oct 2010

Those patches look fantastic. And you managed to get them to the correct length. Did you re-hem, or are you leaving them raw on the bottom? On second thought, were they raw already?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thank you. They were not raw - I left them raw, just reinforced the seams.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Skye X
          • Oct 2010

That's even better. This is definitely a perfect example of the point I made about doing your own thing to make your clothes really work for you.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thank you. Yes, I am satisfied with the results - they now look cleaner (kind of funny, I know)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

to hem a pair of raw hem paints you use scissors correct? :D and they will be raw themselves from wear?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Yes, but you should reinforce the ends of side seams or they may start unraveling. A few stitches on each side should do the trick.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tigo
                  • May 2009

Recently I proxied a devoa tee for the summer, but got into a bit of a problem. Either the neck opening is super small, or my head is too big (or both), I found that I had to force my head through.

Here's a pic from a Japanese stockist:

There are small stitches that circle the hem. Having re-sewn the buttons on my new Stephen Schneider cardigan as all the buttons were sewn on loose, and feeling kinda brave, I took my scissors to the neck .

Few trials later, I got the neck area right, and sewn it up the way it was before. Here's the results:

I think it came out pretty good considering the only experience I have with sewing was back in middle school

Just thought I'd share, and to encourage others to do the same if they're feeling a bit DIY and brave

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Yeah the neck hole on those devoa tees did feel tight to put on because they didn't have much stretch. But I found that once you get the tee on, the neck hole looked good. You should post a fit pic to show how it looks on you .

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                      • Oct 2010

Tigo: The end product looks good. If only I was able to do that too as I found a few nice Devoa tops in my size at really good prices, but just seemed so hard to get into. And yes post a fit pic pls.

Comment

• tigo
                        • May 2009

"stock" would look something like the pic on the right (taken from a webstore)
                        Excuse the pic quality/pose/whatnot, not a waywt guy

@Raw:
                        Yeah, it's nice once it's on, but every time I put it on it felt like I was gonna tear a seam or something

@mix:
                        If the price is good, maybe you could think about experimenting? It's quite simple, but you'll have to get some supplies. If it doesn't work out, could always throw it up on the classifieds.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                          • Oct 2010

Not sure if anyone would buy it after it's been 'experimented' on by me. The other problem I find with Devoa Tees is they fit really tight on the chest which for me just exposes a bit too much if you know what I mean haha. Which is a pity considering I really like the construction of their tees.

Comment

• tigo
                            • May 2009

What I meant was, if you didn't feel like altering it afterwards, you could put it up for sale. But I know what you mean, I got a size 46 while I'm usually a size 44, and it still fit tight compared to my other tees.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

i usually buy a 28-29 in trousers but sometimes 29 fits me quite gigantic and sometimes snug. i encountered this with the rad by rad hourani trousers vs. the mainline rad trousers. mainline rad trousers fit me perfectly in a 29 and rad by rad fits quite large. my method was to install a hidden drawstring to remedy the 2-3 extra inches i've been trying to deal with. i just did it with another pair i picked up and i sure am glad i did. more life out of them.

Comment

• several_girls
                                • Nov 2010

This approach makes sense to me, especially considering a lot of things from Rick Owens already have an unfinished hem.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎