X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yohji Yamamoto Womenswear FW07/08 Paris

[quote user="macuser3of5"][quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="wild_whiskey"][quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="nqth"]

I would like to believe that he will go on with this and keeps producing interesting monogram rather than just made an "ironic" (which is not very ironic at all imo) comment on monograms. He could be the first of avantguards to have monogram:-P

I think to make ironic comment one could wash out all the marks from the garments in the runway and show that it is just a plan black leather coat or a luggage:-P

[/quote]

Ha, I was just doing something like this! I've been working on designs that use monograms and I'm currently looking for a print that washes off in water, or perhaps wears off in some way. I was thinking about doing a series of them imitating pieces which rely on logo-value and setting up a mock-store environment and then washing all the logos off while the clothes sit on their hangers.

[/quote]

Poly-based fabric, water-based ink and soapy water. Water-based ink comes off of windbreaker fabric incredibly easy.

[/quote]

Thanks, Whiskey. Might give this a try.
    [/quote]
    Psh, if you wanted to be TRULY mean, you would contact print logos onto fabric using cyanotype processing (nice deep blue color, not too spendy either). Won't come out in water, but when they wash with any kind of detergent (sodium carbonate or borax), POOF, gone, like nothing happened [:D]

Even meaner: silkscreen a hidden message in blue ink that is only visible after the cyanotype is washed off. [6]
    [/quote]

Oh man, I am absolutely doing this. If I ever sell shirts online I'll let you guys know which ones wash away to hidden messages, haha

I know where I'm coming with all of my printing questions from now on, as well. Probably should stop going off tangent, now, though.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎