• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seventh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Womens FW07-08 - Paris

It is beautiful...

The way she puts together clothing into a complete look (to paraphrase Nambla), is really amazing.

Faust, you must be very proud. [;)]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Seventh"]

It is beautiful...

The way she puts together clothing into a complete look (to paraphrase Nambla), is really amazing.

Faust, you must be very proud. [;)]

[/quote]

I am. Ann is my fashion love [:$]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

This is simply amazing. I have no complaints.

Favorite show so far, no question.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Monty76
          • Sep 2006

This is amazing. I just wish i could go in there and touch and feel and observe all the details, and see how it's all put together. Especially with the all black outfits, its hard to tell whats going on.

I love the black/white ruffledskirts. Seems like something not typically ann, but at the same time very ann. Wow, i just contradicted myself.

Comment

• mic
            • Sep 2006

by far i think ann d shows are the best styled shows. even if its not exactly my style, the outfits she shows on the catwalk over and over again could be some of the best outfits ive seen. for me as a customer, i noticed i hate it. i dont have huge experience with ann d's clothing in stores, but the few times i had i always been dissappointed. it's exact the piece i saw at the catwalk, but its just a piece, a huge oversized shirt, a very very long jacket which on me looks a 3 size big rain jacket. you can easily find substitut cheap pieces for the menswear (sorry but i really think you can), because i think generally, as a single piece her design is not off the chain. but when wearing it you wont come close to how good it looked on the catwalk.

maybe someone should point me out some signature pieces? which i can wear with billabong shorts and still look good

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mic"]

by far i think ann d shows are the best styled shows. even if its not exactly my style, the outfits she shows on the catwalk over and over again could be some of the best outfits ive seen. for me as a customer, i noticed i hate it. i dont have huge experience with ann d's clothing in stores, but the few times i had i always been dissappointed. it's exact the piece i saw at the catwalk, but its just a piece, a huge oversized shirt, a very very long jacket which on me looks a 3 size big rain jacket. you can easily find substitut cheap pieces for the menswear (sorry but i really think you can), because i think generally, as a single piece her design is not off the chain. but when wearing it you wont come close to how good it looked on the catwalk.

maybe someone should point me out some signature pieces? which i can wear with billabong shorts and still look good

[/quote].

I agree, whoever styles her shows is very good at what (s)he does (although I always think that a stylist's contribution must be very marginal - obviously Ann thinks a lot about the entire body and how to make an outfit, not just a piece). Sometimes it is hard to wear Ann's clothes, because everything is so thought out to go together (besides, it makes her a VERY expensive designer!).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

This collection pleases the pants off of me. The skirts are absolutely spectacular--I found out the print is indeed Kara Walker. WOOT! How awesome is that?
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Spot on! "Some might complain that
                  Ann Demeulemeester never changes, but her most ardent fans?arty types
                  who could clock the Kara Walker reference on one of her graphic prints
                  at 20 paces?would argue right back that the naysayers are simply not
                  paying close enough attention."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I don't know what music was used, but I could just see these models walk to Beethoven's 9th.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I don't know what music was used, but I could just see these models walk to Beethoven's 9th.
                      [/quote]

Or Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries... ta-tam, ta-ta-ta-ta-tam, ta-ta-ta-ta-tam, ta-ta-ta-tam...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

it's just so cute, how you are hanging out in this thread. [:)]
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]it's just so cute, how you are hanging out in this thread. [:)]
                          [/quote]

Hi!!!! [:D]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

"Hi Faust!!! I really must start paying you that commission!"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ LOL. I'll settle for a dinner and free clothes. [:P]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

This is so beautiful! It's a bit slicker/polished than usual, which is a good thing in my book, some of her past looks can teeter on the edge of hobo-chic. This reminds me how badly I want a piece of her outerwear from the men's collection.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎