• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe F/W 07-08

Servo, I know EXACTLY how you feel.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

It's not amazing in any other manner except for the fact that I love it, but my new goal is to find a girlfriend who dresses exactly like this. Wish me luck. The whole street x polka-dot dress x boots x assymetry etc... in these outfits just says "I am the best person in the world" to me. I mean, if I saw someone wearing this walking down the street, if they weren't basically the coolest person I'd ever met I would be severely dissapointed. Completely random aside over.

[/quote]

EXACTLY. I love those two looks so much. I'm was trying to decide between those and this:

but I think the polka dots win. They are just perfect.

Servo, will you look in yes/no and chime in about the Junya jacket I posted? I am seriously contemplating not buying anything for months and just saving up for fall...I want everything in this collection!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

It would be my pleasure, Laika.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• nairb49
          • Dec 2006

This is terrific. I really wish his men's line hadn't been so, er, polyester. Laika, you need to post some pictures of your new acquisitions when you get them!

Comment

• Seventh
            • Dec 2006

This coat is so amazing... the twist and the rutchetting (is that the right word?--folds) on the right side of the jacket are so cool... Seriously the nicest women's leather jacket I have seen.

She might be Servo's polka-dotted girlfriend's sister? [:P]

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ I think you two should camp out in front of the CDG boutique in NYC :-)

I think the word is "ruche"

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                • Dec 2006

Is this term a general one for the technique that is intentionally used to create folding on the garment, or does it apply to any garment that has folds when worn?

ie, does the bunching of dior jeans count, seeing as how it isn't necessarily the cut/construction of the jean that has folding, but it is caused by the length? (unless you have a 37 inseam..)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

Is this term a general one for the technique that is intentionally used to create folding on the garment, or does it apply to any garment that has folds when worn?

ie, does the bunching of dior jeans count, seeing as how it isn't necessarily the cut/construction of the jean that has folding, but it is caused by the length? (unless you have a 37 inseam..)

[/quote]

It's a part of a garment construction where the garment is pleated and than threaded through to hold the pleats in place. Poell twist jeans would be a better example.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

This collection is great. The jackets are awesome, but I guess that's no surprise! Asymmetry executed well also always does it for me. Enjoyed the styling as well, I really like how it manages to be slightly rough yet refined at the same time.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]This collection is great. The jackets are awesome, but I guess that's no surprise! Asymmetry executed well also always does it for me. Enjoyed the styling as well, I really like how it manages to be slightly rough yet refined at the same time.
                      [/quote]

Same here!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                        • Sep 2006

I think I am with Cathy this time. The clothesare very very good, well balanced and such. Commercial, anyone:-P?

As a collection, it is a bit, well, too easy. Maybe we should wait for some more details on fabrics (not just super, bc his always are). OK the hats are super, too, but it's the hats, no, not the clothes.

Even quiet Yamamoto made a surprise with the monogram. Not to mention bright stuffs from Takahashi and the padded dolls from RK.

I think this is always an issue with JW. If he is doing "sweet clothes",ppl complain where is an edgyness. But if he is doing more agressive stuffs, ppl say it is so RK. I think this is his interpretation of Comme's "half-half",making itinto his biker look.I think the men's collection looks better. Even I want to have a biker jkts:-) (I always like neutral - no specific style clothes).

I miss his colours in women's collection lately:-)

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

It's definitely a quiet collection for him, but I like the quietness, especially after aggressiveness of the past three seasons. I think god will be in the details--not just in the fabrics, but in the construction techniques (like the folded over hems). It's hard to see the construction from the runway pics, because of the styling.

Do you think the knits are attached to those polka dot dresses? [*-)] That would be very like comme from this winter....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

It's very much like comme from this winter laika, but it's certainly lighter, less serious and more "real". There are more complex and less literal juxtapositions here than with CDG, and I agree thetrue appeal of this will be in the detail. I like this very much

Comment

• nqth
                              • Sep 2006

There are some brilliant re-working/re-cutting techniques(as in the punk-army ss/aw96), especiallythedresses and coats are made from different parts of sth else. I think he has managed to mix his own with the Comme aw06 looks. There is alsosome overdyed laces, and the fabrics must have some strech I think.It's def. softer than his previous collections, but it is stilla continuation.

The most amazing is that the re-worked trenches from aw06, in different sizes havethe samecuts and patterns.They managed to make the identically clothes, but in different sizes.

By saying the men collection looks better I mean it looks more natural. Just jkts in differentfabricand slightly different proportion.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎