X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nqth
    • Sep 2006

Re: Comme des Garcons Womenswear FW 07/08 - Paris

It's M on the catwalk and you could se the models hardly fasten the buttons. I am glad that both JW and Comme started making SS.

Did you see JW Faust? Do you like it?

I saw some CDG women stuffs here, it's ... pretty:-)and the use of stretch fabric is a surprise.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="nqth"]

It's M on the catwalk and you could se the models hardly fasten the buttons. I am glad that both JW and Comme started making SS.

Did you see JW Faust? Do you like it?

I saw some CDG women stuffs here, it's ... pretty:-)and the use of stretch fabric is a surprise.

[/quote]

I liked JW jackets (not the leather ones). I did not like JW womens though - too heavy. Mine and laika's reviews are in the FW Arrivals thread. I liked some CDG womens stuff, but what I liked was the stuff we've seen 100 times before, patchwork, etc... The jackets with hands looked cute, but kind of costume to wear on regular basis.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

I tried on a few of the women's jackets with stretchy inserts at the back....I am fairly sure they are not supposed to be buttoned. Even with the stretch, I found them weirdly constrictive and uncomfortable.

The pieces I've seen from the mainline are all gorgeously and intricately made--much more impressive, construction wise, than Spring season. But for the most part, I agree with Faust. The stuff I really liked is the same stuff I like every year.

With the exception of the leathers, what I've seen of the Junya collection so far is very pretty, just utterly impractical for me. I think much of it needs to be tried on to be appreciated. My favorite things so far have been the simplest ones, like a flowered skirt with a wired (?) hem. I am really hoping for some good knits (that aren't attached to dresses).

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
          • Sep 2006

Laika, my post about M size above was about the CdGH+ show. I am sorry I was not clearabout it.

Thanks for the review:-)

Am I right thatthe leather on JW isnot a"natural" one, but is kind of "fabricated". I don't know how tocall it, ecological, or sth similar.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

oops! Well, the women's stuff is cut very tiny, anyway. [:$]

From what I know, the Junya jackets are made of real leather and the vests are "pleather." I haven't inspected them very closely yet, but visually, I see very little difference. It's just all very stiff and shiny.

nqth, you should post a pic of the jacket you are considering...I would like to see. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
              • Sep 2006

Sorry Laika:-) (anh thanks for the explaination).

EDIT: I will post the pic in the CdGH+ AW 07 thread:-)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎