X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Help finding.....

Chris, I can't get into my photobucket right now, but www.why-lip.com has some detailed photos (not too detailed though, but the best I have seen). I plan on making the same thing. I just bought the vest, now I need to find the right shirt to use underneath.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

thanks, i checked there, but the pictures imrequesting areoftheversion with two vests layered together, rather than a vest and a shirt.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks for that info Bella.... most interesting. When I go to The Library at the end of May I'll see what the poly version is all about. The paper leather version is retardedly expensive!

Casius it seems pretty true, the paper pieces this season are crazy limited and thus a pain in the ass to acquire! Although Lazzari seems to be having problems selling the two paper leather jackets they received (each is 1 out of 10!).

[/quote]

Yea, those have been on there for quite some time. I wish they weren't bomber style, otherwise I might look at them more seriously. Makes that paper/leather belt at A seem like a really good deal! Albert, I plan on going up to Maxfield again in a week or two and I'll ask them about any new CCP items they might be recieving (albiet they're probably more expensive than anywhere in EU).

Speaking of CCP belts, anyone seen these anywhere?

[/quote]

Thanks Cas!

BTW, the photo link doesn't work for non-fashion spot members.

I just really want to handle the paper items out of curiosity!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Cas in regards to the belts Atelier has a paper/leather version of the darkest one. I think they got it in a dark gray/purple (check their website photos to be sure). They also have the same style belt in a leather/pony hair reversible version too.

That buckle style is one that Poell has been using for a little while now so if it's just the look you're going for you can get it no problem :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Cas in regards to the belts Atelier has a paper/leather version of the darkest one. I think they got it in a dark gray/purple (check their website photos to be sure). They also have the same style belt in a leather/pony hair reversible version too.

That buckle style is one that Poell has been using for a little while now so if it's just the look you're going for you can get it no problem :)

[/quote]

Thanks Albert! I'm actually looking for the ones above because they look a little thinner than the ones A recieved (probably because they're not reversible).
            Close up:

Oh, also fixed the picture. :)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I think L'eclaireur had most of the belts in march. price was pretty nuts but I guess it is anywhere ;)

L might have a slight mark up on some things though, I recall an undercover knit being something like 390? when the same one was around 350? at Maria Luisa. not 100% sure though.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

HI Cas!

I think they are all the same width IIRC. The buckle style that all of them have makes them all reversible. Lovely lovely belts but man the price! Ouch!

Have you considered the MA+ belts? The skinny ones are $260 each and they are really quite innovative I think. For the price of one CCP belt you can get two MA+ ones haha.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Oh ok, thanks Albert! Yea, they are pretty expensive (I know the paper one is $360 at A). I was actually surprised at how 'cheap' the + belts were, but I just really want to try one of those on first before I would buy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

$360? That's still cheaper than I had expected for em hahaha. Given that the "alien" gloves from this past F/W were nearly $600 a pair.

I've only handled the slit buckle slim MA+ belt (picked up that one and the big cross one without having handled it before) once but the leather and construction were both amazing and top notch. It's clearly a belt (like the CCP one) that will last quite some time and will only get better with age.

I'm still sad about the duffle coats... both in regards to the scarcity of them and the insane price tag. Ah well.... c'est la vie. I'd love to see one in person though!

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

did you get a pm from me A?

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

Are there any good sources of Alexander McQueen on the net/phone? (ie, not diabro, luisaviaroma, lame buys, etc). I'm looking everywhere for his S/S 07 suits, and I'm coming up very empty-handed.
                        Specifically:

I get the feeling I'm gonna need to sit on it and wait for Yoox to hopefully pick something up. [^o)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Hmm, since you have a photo of it you can try calling and then e-mailing various smaller boutiques that carry mcqueen.

You should try Alan Bilzerian in Boston, Maxfields in LA and maybe a couple other stores that don't exactly do online sales but are small enough that they'd answer/read e-mails after talking to you on the phone.

Best of luck!

Comment

• drexl
                            • Sep 2006

I know the McQueen store in NYC does phone orders and ships it out via UPS (apparently very fast service too), so you might want to call them up.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I'm pretty sure they have that at Saks in New York. It's a beautiful suit, but damn expensive, the pants alone are $800.
                              music

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

you can also email browns, even though they don't have it on their website

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎