X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Help finding.....

[quote user="Faust"]I'm going to be the voice of dissent on the shoes, Casius :-). I think they are rather too beat up for my liking. They look kind of like a homeless person wore them for way too long and they are falling apart. Just my humble opinion!
    [/quote]

I appreciate the opinion Faust. I am certainly going to wait and see some more pictures, or better yet I plan on going to NY again this summer so maybe I can swing by and check them out in person. $1400 is a lot to spend on any pair of shoes, so I am going to make sure I L-O-V-E them. [:)]
    Plus, it's looking like A is the only place who will carry them (atleast that I have found so far). Maxfield isn't going to carry them. :(
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
      • Jan 2007

PPQ Jeans? There's a store near Liberty, does it stock the men's? Is there anywhere on t'internet where they might be a little cheaper. (There's something a shade wrong about paying £120 to look like an indie kid)
      the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I'm going to be the voice of dissent on the shoes, Casius :-). I think they are rather too beat up for my liking. They look kind of like a homeless person wore them for way too long and they are falling apart. Just my humble opinion!
        [/quote]

Agreed, I'm afraid people would laugh if they found out they cost 1500. Not that you should care what they think but it does put things in perspective/back to reality with the whole designer hype going on there.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

Looking for S/S 2003 Raf Simons Items, Inspired by this image:

Frankly, any old Raf Simons stuff in 46 / 48 would be good, old enough that's it's fairly cheap. Lighter stuff is better, the heavy jackets and things are too heavy for California.

What do you guys do looking for old collections? Just constantly browse eBay / Yahoo Japan?
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
            • Apr 2007

[quote user="laika"]

Good thread...

this Ann Demeulemeester vest? [:^)]

[/quote]
            I'm not sure, but somehow I remember this vest from the only danish
            retailer of Ann D. It's only my girlfriend, the shopkeep and a few
            others who ever buy the Ann Demeulemeester, so it might be there
            through sales. But let me check and get back to you, if you still
            haven't got it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Speaking of CCP items that people haven't yet seen in person... does anyone have information on the duffle coat as seen on Lift's website? Supposed to be this season just like the paper shoes that Casius is looking for. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet either....

Such a lovely piece.....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

/\
                I dont recall seeing it when I was there...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Good luck, Servo - those items are in demand. I will keep an eye out for you.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Speaking of CCP items that people haven't yet seen in person... does anyone have information on the duffle coat as seen on Lift's website? Supposed to be this season just like the paper shoes that Casius is looking for. Maybe it hasn't shipped yet either....

Such a lovely piece.....

[/quote]
                    Yea, that is a great looking coat. I'm even wondering if A or Maxfield ordered it for this season (I'm leaning towards niether of them; Maxfield is in LA, thus too hot here and it seems too 'white' for A's otherwise dark array of clothing but they might surprise me).

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                      • Sep 2006

there was only3 paper leather duffle coats in productiontwo in a size 44 and one in a 48, i do not know what stores carry them.

L?ECLAIREUR in paris and tokyo each got one in a size 46 in the soft leather in black same as the overlock one that atelier got. i called paris in febuary and the price was around 5547 euros. dont know about the price in japan.

therewas also two polyester versions produced in size 46, i think they went to barneys in japan.called but they were all sold out on pre-orders.

i tried to special order the polyester versionthrough library for around $3500but had to cancel because my sister had complications with her pregnancy.couldnt find it in my heart to order oneafter what had happened to myneice and sister.

hope thishelps. the paper leather version is reallyreally expensive. allof the jackets i described were in black. dont know about the paper leather versions.

the back bottom of the duffle coat is very long. it is shaped as a )_( so that it fastens in between the legs.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="bellapietra1501"]

there was only 3 paper leather duffle coats in production two in a size 44 and one in a 48, i do not know what stores carry them.

L?ECLAIREUR in paris and tokyo each got one in a size 46 in the soft leather in black same as the overlock one that atelier got. i called paris in febuary and the price was around 5547 euros. dont know about the price in japan.

there was also two polyester versions produced in size 46, i think they went to barneys in japan. called but they were all sold out on pre-orders.

i tried to special order the polyester version through library for around $3500 but had to cancel because my sister had complications with her pregnancy. couldnt find it in my heart to order one after what had happened to my neice and sister.

hope this helps. the paper leather version is really really expensive. all of the jackets i described were in black. dont know about the paper leather versions.

the back bottom of the duffle coat is very long. it is shaped as a )_( so that it fastens in between the legs.

[/quote]

Good info! Wow, those coats are even more limited than I thought. I wonder if this is the case with all the paper/leather items?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Servo, you can definatelyfind older raf simons pieces on Yahoo

you really need to start posting waywt pics =D

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks for that info Bella.... most interesting. When I go to The Library at the end of May I'll see what the poly version is all about. The paper leather version is retardedly expensive!

Casius it seems pretty true, the paper pieces this season are crazy limited and thus a pain in the ass to acquire! Although Lazzari seems to be having problems selling the two paper leather jackets they received (each is 1 out of 10!).

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks for that info Bella.... most interesting. When I go to The Library at the end of May I'll see what the poly version is all about. The paper leather version is retardedly expensive!

Casius it seems pretty true, the paper pieces this season are crazy limited and thus a pain in the ass to acquire! Although Lazzari seems to be having problems selling the two paper leather jackets they received (each is 1 out of 10!).

[/quote]

Yea, those have been on there for quite some time. I wish they weren't bomber style, otherwise I might look at them more seriously. Makes that paper/leather belt at A seem like a really good deal! Albert, I plan on going up to Maxfield again in a week or two and I'll ask them about any new CCP items they might be recieving (albiet they're probably more expensive than anywhere in EU).

Speaking of CCP belts, anyone seen these anywhere?

Comment

• CHRIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2006

can someone find me some clear/detailed/close-up pictures of thepinstriped ann d. layered vest? i was planning on making a similar one myself, and just foundsome pretty similar ones at a vintage store... but i cant find any pictures for reference. thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎