X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: help finding

I've been thinking about looking into a pair of black N(N) jeans. Getting sick of indigo these days. I wear a size 30 in dior which is the 32" so they slouch fairly low. Is that about a size 4 in N(N) it seems? I'm not too familiar with them. Are there many different styles? I'm basically looking for something that fits fairly slim / moderate to low waist / essentially no distressing (basically a black pair of raw denim style-wise, but doesn't need to be raw). Shorter (getting sick of stacking) if possible, but I can always hem them. Are the black around the $317 that Komakino was advertising for the raws? Anywhere in L.A. to pick these up / try on in L.A.?

Alternatives in a similiar price range appreciated. I'm too inquisitive at the moment, but looking for suggestions as I'll be heading up to Los Angeles soon.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

i wear dior 30's and the number (n)ine black jeans in a size 4 work well on me. they're super low rise however. i think the number (n)ine store in nyc still have them. i have to check the stock for lowery, so i'll make an inquiry for you too.

ionn, last time i talked to the n(n) store they had size 5.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i wear dior 30's and the number (n)ine black jeans in a size 4 work well on me. they're super low rise however. i think the number (n)ine store in nyc still have them. i have to check the stock for lowery, so i'll make an inquiry for you too.

ionn, last time i talked to the n(n) store they had size 5.

[/quote]

Think that the n(n) store would do phone orders / returns? If I can't find anywhere around here that has them I might be willing to try out a pair and just send them back if they don't work.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i'm sure they would do phone orders, not sure about returns. you should give them a ring.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i'm sure they would do phone orders, not sure about returns. you should give them a ring.
            [/quote]

Will do. Thanks

Comment

• diamonds
              • Dec 2006

I've been looking around for this Undercover jacket for a while now... Has anyone seen it? Are there any other pictures of it floating around? It looks like it could be leather but I'm hoping it's wool. Any info at all would be nice actually.

Comment

• mindrice
                • Jun 2007

I've heard the jacket is not out yet. sounds strange, but i'm inclined to believe that truly is the case. i have yet to see the jacket anywhere.

Comment

• cd1
                  • Oct 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"]I've been thinking about looking into a pair of black N(N) jeans. Getting sick of indigo these days. I wear a size 30 in dior which is the 32" so they slouch fairly low. Is that about a size 4 in N(N) it seems? I'm not too familiar with them. Are there many different styles? I'm basically looking for something that fits fairly slim / moderate to low waist / essentially no distressing (basically a black pair of raw denim style-wise, but doesn't need to be raw). Shorter (getting sick of stacking) if possible, but I can always hem them. Are the black around the $317 that Komakino was advertising for the raws? Anywhere in L.A. to pick these up / try on in L.A.?

Alternatives in a similiar price range appreciated. I'm too inquisitive at the moment, but looking for suggestions as I'll be heading up to Los Angeles soon.

[/quote]

the black ones you are referring to are the black, non raw, pure black looking stretch denim; going by look alone in pictures, they look to be very soft and almost more clothlike than cotton, whereas the other blacks are raw, with orange stitching, and definitely more rigid

I recall seeing a waywt with ddongo wearing these, and they are also pictured on komakino's website(albeit sold out) for reference

the ones komakino currently are selling are the black raws, which are 5% polyurethane, 95% cotton. I have these and I like them very much; the fit is great, and the detailing such as the black "PAIN" tab, black bleeding heart leather patch, black riri zip, music note pocket lining etc. really does it for me, though they are probably not what you're looking for in going by your description

check out cliffedge and yahoo auctions japan, i recall seeing a pair of two of the black non raw stretch in a 4 or 5 on one of these a while ago, around the cheaper japan retail price

also, most of the ones on y auctions are shorter inseams

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

if you just want any type of black jean, then i recommend the acne hex(f)/max cash. i have a pair of hex cash and they are definitely my favorite pair of jeans. they are 98% cotton 2% elastane, are light and have a subtle sheen. they are 'raw' i suppose; they fade albeit very slowly. they're plain with the exception of the leather patch which i remove anyways. i plan on getting a few more pairs actually. i'm sure chris and voltaire's anti-defamation league can vouch for these as well. if you use a european proxy you can probably get them for 200$.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Interesting you meantion acne, someone on Sufu just suggested those for black jeans as well. I'll keep an ear open, but I feel like I'll need to try a new pair on before I buy. I've been having atrocious luck with buying things online recently as far as fit goes.

Comment

• CHRIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

the acne hex used to be my favorite pair, butthe tsubi "joey" black overdye has that title now. they're pitch black, non-stretch, and skinny as fuck. they fit better than any other jeans i've tried or owned. julian reds are great too, but they dont come in an overdyed black.

servo -- maxfield has n(n) jeans sizes 3-5. i forget his name, but ask the japanese guy for help, he was really cool.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Servo, I seem to be discouraging you from every purchase :-), but are you sure you want to drop $300+ on jeans, regardless of the fit? It seems wiser to invest money into something more lasting.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• colin
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="merz"]yarr, gentlemen - i'm actually in the market for black jeans myself. either another pair of N(N) black stretch in size 2 or max cash? but i seem to like the fit of hex better. lordy, are they at all different?
                            [/quote]

yeah the fit is a bit different actually. the max has a lower rise and wider hem, whereas the hex is slimmer from the knee down. the max also has a nontraditional coin pocket which I'm not too big on.

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Servo, I seem to be discouraging you from every purchase :-), but are you sure you want to drop $300+ on jeans, regardless of the fit? It seems wiser to invest money into something more lasting.
                              [/quote]

I wear jeans a lot so it doesn't bother me much at the moment, but I'm selling my Diors at the moment, so all-in-all it's only a further investment of probably $40-$80 all told (maybe more depending on what else I manage to sell / what I decide to buy). The Diors were bought with money from selling my jeans before that, plus said $40-$80 in the first place. I only ever own one pair of jeans at a time, I just spend the money to buy something with re-sell value and move on when I feel a need to.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Servo- I think APC is the best bang for your buck. I find myself wearing my NS's more than any other pair of denim (except for my black uniqlo skinny jeans).

Also, Uniqlo slim denim, $40, you can't go wrong.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎