• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Comme des Garcons S/S 08 Paris

I'm kind of on the fence about this one.. I sort of like it, but I dont like the whole layering deal. while I'm a fan of layering myself, I think it has been taken too far here with multiple jackets etc. it makes it harder to see the different garments. overall I'm sure there might be some interesting items in the collection.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike b"]

I'm kind of on the fence about this one.. I sort of like it, but I dont like the whole layering deal. while I'm a fan of layering myself, I think it has been taken too far here with multiple jackets etc. it makes it harder to see the different garments. overall I'm sure there might be some interesting items in the collection.

[/quote]

I was just hoping that the inner jackets were 2 jackets made into one. I mean, I was sure about it - could anything have been more Comme?! Now I'm kinda bummed that they are individual pieces.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
        • Feb 2007

While I cannot say that I like the triple layered jacket look too much, there are a few looks I particularly like a lot: look #4 (brown jacket pants w/ black inner layers), the second to last look (on the right w/ the white hat), and the layered trench coat look. Also just noticed all the models have wet looking hair. As a whole I really like the collection as I feel it was executed very well. It will be interesting to see how stores order from this collection.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

I appreciate what she has done, it is not a high concept but instead a modular collection where the modules are sometimes displayed on top of each other. Fun and simple really; spring colours and light fabrics, even with the layers I get an impression of weightlessness. Every model either wears jackets or coats, the tailored look being an integral part of the collection, so you?ve got a lot more garment length and pattern variations than multiple pieces shooting in all direction, it stays focused on Kawakubo?s strength; quirky tailored wear.

The sweaty models wearing multiple layers of the same thing might also be a comment on consumption or just an elaborate joke on something else (too much styling at runway shows?), I?m not looking for deep meaning or anything but what do you guys think?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• nqth
            • Sep 2006

It is a very good point Fuuma, the "sweat". Everybody was talking about wet hair and styling, but no one noticed the connection between layers and "wet look":-).

You are welcome, (and thanks!) Buckwheat, wire.artist, Faust:-)

Comment

• soultek
              • Feb 2007

Bumping this thread as I saw a couple pieces in a a magazine shoot that reminded me of this collection. Very eager to see it in person as it has grown on me considerably. Has anyone seen early arrivals of this stuff yet?

Comment

• Haute Concept
                • Dec 2007

l love how Rei manged to pull off the extreme layering without adding bulk to the silhouette.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Also really quite impressed with this collection after going back to it a few different times. I am a little disappointed like others that each piece is separate but over all, the look is excellent.

I really like the 3 trench coats put together and the dropped crotch shorts. I wonder what this all will mean for pricing though? Will the pieces be just as expensive, or maybe slightly cheaper to achieve the layered look? One can only hope for the latter...

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Cas, I wouldn't hold my breath :-)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stylesalvagesteve
                      • Jan 2008

I couldn't resist marvelling at theimages of this showonce again andthere is a great collection of images here. I was really impressed with this collection.I'm looking forward to the 18th to see thenew collection.

Cass - I would be most surprised if the prices are lowered to reflectthe use oflayering...but i'll keep my fingers crossed nonetheless.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Yea man, I doubt it too...but one can hope. :)

I would love to duplicate the trench look, but if each one is 1G+, then forget about it.
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

My guess is that they'll be about 600-700 UK at least. 1350 of your dollars, easily.

I'm really interested tosee this collection, particularly the "mid sized" stuff. I will certainly not be doing the three layerd thing though! I think it will be in the stores (CDG ones at least) next weekend.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

My guess is that they'll be about 600-700 UK at least. 1350 of your dollars, easily.

I'm really interested tosee this collection, particularly the "mid sized" stuff. I will certainly not be doing the three layerd thing though! I think it will be in the stores (CDG ones at least) next weekend.

[/quote]

Let us know what you think. I'm also interested in the "mid" layer and like I mentionned in another thread, I'm not planning to get much this season so a Junya or maybe CdG jacket/suit might be my only buy.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• stylesalvagesteve
                              • Jan 2008

If I had to choose between the two I would invest my money inJunya...but it is a tough one. My eyes will be peeled for the first sight of CdG in stores

Comment

• nqth
                                • Sep 2006

If I remember right, the trenches are above 1000 euro. I like the shortest one, bc some
                                details are "displaced":-)

Some of the trenches have red stitching around the button holes but I don't remember the middle or the longest. I have heard that the buyers did mostly the double layered look.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎