Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theRenaissance
    • Jan 2007

Re: Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Awesome job mate![Y]

Comment

• zeitgeistist
      Banned
      • Oct 2007

hey man. i'm really quite impressed. missed out on the ccp j jeans but would you consider making me a pair? let me know what you'd charge incl shipping to nyc... i really dig the white pair you're rockin on the pics and hopefull in black & blue denim. cheers, zeth

Comment

• xeefus
        • Oct 2007

Hello nevermind.
        I was kinda wondering the same thing as zeitgeistist (Zeth I believe?) if you aren't too busy to make a pair and sell? I'm kind of on a low budget and the CCP jeans are too damn expensive.
        Black unprocessed denim with black seams for this would be super. Maybe a little bit slimmer than yours.

What would it cost to have them made and shipped to Sweden you think?

Comment

• nevermind
          • Sep 2007

hi guys, im in the process of making a pair for someone. not sure if i have the time to make more

and also take into account the factthat im amateur, once i shipped this newpairill see how it goes.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

One day you will be great, like Carol!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nevermind
              • Sep 2007

laugh out loud [74] no wayyyyyy he is the true definition for artisan

im not thinking of delving into the industry but its always cool to imagine.

question - does anyone know how long it would take for poell to make a pair of his jeans?

i know mainstream industrial jeans can be made in 20minutes flat. how long would it take to make his

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
                  [/quote]

Well It depends on the method you use, Poell's Jeans are part artisanal (Part Factory made?) so on rough calculations, i am assuming about 2 hours, (bearing in mind the complexity in creating his signature asymmetrical, welt/patch pockets and that certain parts of his garments are hand sewn). I made an Overlock cotton pinstripe pants for myself awhile back and it took me about 4-hours to do, because i took great care in making them and fully lining them with silk Georgette. I haven't worn them as yet. I will wear them with my Margiela Dinner Shirt with embroidered bib when Lady- Z comes to town next month.

For someone with basic sewing skills making them entirely by machine should take about 3-4hours maximum, Albert's took a lot longer because he sew the overlock stitches entirely by Hand!!!!!!!![79] ................... admire him for that kind of patience and dedication.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

^ hehehe. Let's just say I watched a whole ton of movies while working on those pants (I still need to rework the waist as per your suggestions Zamb! Gonna be a winter break project haha).
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="zamb"]

[quote user="Faust"]I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
                      [/quote]

Well It depends on the method you use, Poell's Jeans are part artisanal (Part Factory made?) so on rough calculations, i am assuming about 2 hours, (bearing in mind the complexity in creating his signature asymmetrical, welt/patch pockets and that certain parts of his garments are hand sewn). I made an Overlock cotton pinstripe pants for myself awhile back and it took me about 4-hours to do, because i took great care in making them and fully lining them with silk Georgette. I haven't worn them as yet. I will wear them with my Margiela Dinner Shirt with embroidered bib when Lady- Z comes to town next month.

For someone with basic sewing skills making them entirely by machine should take about 3-4hours maximum, Albert's took a lot longer because he sew the overlock stitches entirely by Hand!!!!!!!![79] ................... admire him for that kind of patience and dedication.

[/quote]

Didn't Albert also line his pants as well? Entirely consructed by hand? Oi!

Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

^yep!

To create the twist of the CCP pants/jeans you have to fully line them. The twist is generated by offsetting the lining with the outer layer and then stitching them together. It's a bit tricky because you have to think about the silhouette and how much fabric will be "used up" by the twisting while retaining a slim leg look and feel! Tricky, but definitely do-able!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tofu
                          • Nov 2007

very impressive work

Comment

• mossponsol
                            • Sep 2011

sorry about the resurrection, however does anyone have any info or patterns on how to make one of these?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎