Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Default Re: Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

laugh out loud [74] no wayyyyyy he is the true definition for artisan

im not thinking of delving into the industry but its always cool to imagine.

question - does anyone know how long it would take for poell to make a pair of his jeans?

i know mainstream industrial jeans can be made in 20minutes flat. how long would it take to make his

Default Re: Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="Faust"]I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
    [/quote]

Well It depends on the method you use, Poell's Jeans are part artisanal (Part Factory made?) so on rough calculations, i am assuming about 2 hours, (bearing in mind the complexity in creating his signature asymmetrical, welt/patch pockets and that certain parts of his garments are hand sewn). I made an Overlock cotton pinstripe pants for myself awhile back and it took me about 4-hours to do, because i took great care in making them and fully lining them with silk Georgette. I haven't worn them as yet. I will wear them with my Margiela Dinner Shirt with embroidered bib when Lady- Z comes to town next month.

For someone with basic sewing skills making them entirely by machine should take about 3-4hours maximum, Albert's took a lot longer because he sew the overlock stitches entirely by Hand!!!!!!!![79] ................... admire him for that kind of patience and dedication.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

^ hehehe. Let's just say I watched a whole ton of movies while working on those pants (I still need to rework the waist as per your suggestions Zamb! Gonna be a winter break project haha).
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="zamb"]

[quote user="Faust"]I think Zam gave his estimates somewhere. Maybe he can post here again.
    [/quote]

Well It depends on the method you use, Poell's Jeans are part artisanal (Part Factory made?) so on rough calculations, i am assuming about 2 hours, (bearing in mind the complexity in creating his signature asymmetrical, welt/patch pockets and that certain parts of his garments are hand sewn). I made an Overlock cotton pinstripe pants for myself awhile back and it took me about 4-hours to do, because i took great care in making them and fully lining them with silk Georgette. I haven't worn them as yet. I will wear them with my Margiela Dinner Shirt with embroidered bib when Lady- Z comes to town next month.

For someone with basic sewing skills making them entirely by machine should take about 3-4hours maximum, Albert's took a lot longer because he sew the overlock stitches entirely by Hand!!!!!!!![79] ................... admire him for that kind of patience and dedication.

[/quote]

Didn't Albert also line his pants as well? Entirely consructed by hand? Oi!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

^yep!

To create the twist of the CCP pants/jeans you have to fully line them. The twist is generated by offsetting the lining with the outer layer and then stitching them together. It's a bit tricky because you have to think about the silhouette and how much fabric will be "used up" by the twisting while retaining a slim leg look and feel! Tricky, but definitely do-able!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

very impressive work

sorry about the resurrection, however does anyone have any info or patterns on how to make one of these?