• Dec 2006

Rick Owens menswear S/S 08

I'm in love...(I'll elaborate later) [:D]

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rick Owens menswear S/S 08

Thanks, Casius. The first two tone jacket looks cool. Not keen on most of the stuff though - look forward to hearing what you have to say, Casius.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Well, I must say, I really like it.
      It's juvenile, sporty, light, airy, and looks really comfortable; All of those things I hold in high regard when picking out/wearing clothing for Spring and Summer. I think all too often designers try to do too much for S/S collections. I like the track-style jackets, the brown boots, and the abundance of shorts this season. To me it doesn't feel as 'dark' and I actually quite like that, especially for S/S. It also looks as though he's sticking with a lot of the same fabrics (light cotton, silk, nylon, etc.) which work really well for the season.
      All of it just looks very easy going and myself, being 23, I like that! [67]
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I like some of it, I think his very close to the head hoods are cool. The shorter shorts are also nice (Raf Simons-ish, no?). I think it's just not a standout collection, he's basically doing the same thing over and over; changing the angle on some pockets, twisting something, etc, but it's all too subtle to have any impact anymore.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
          • Sep 2006

I like almost all the jackets, but the styling not so, as cassius point out is more juvenile and less gothy than previous collections, more "sporty" i must say, i think it must be called "rick goes to the gym"

Want to see (and feel) the fabrics, seems like a fresh and light collection hope it feels that way

Comment

• soultek
            • Feb 2007

As a consumer, I must say the jackets look great! Not sure I like the styling of this shoot too much. On at least one of the pics in the second half, the white drapy shirt makes the model look pregnant.

Comment

• cbdas
              • Oct 2006

I like a lot of this but in some shots the styling is a bit off and very unflattering. In at least 3 pics the model looks really short.

Comment

• winQ
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

I can't say I'm a big fan of the sporty look, but the styling here is
                great, the two tone jackets are killer. I don't think I can pull off
                any of the looks though, can't see myself in much of clothing.. and god
                that models legs are so ridiculously thin.

Comment

• Purity
                  • Apr 2007

I like a lot of, most of the jacket and the footwear as well, but is it only me who thinks that blazer looks terrible?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

I like this collection, looks lihe theres a lot of interesting items. the trench coat looks cool, the short one as well. some other very good looking jackets as well. never been a fan of the sneakers but they're always the same so no shock.

I gotta say that Ireally dislike the model though, I dont mean to sound harsh but theres something disturbing about him, maybe its just the bony pale face and ugly hair [*-)]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• battles
                      • Oct 2006

oh sheer brilliance! [Y]
                      mike... yeah, and browless...

Comment

• justine
                        • Jan 2007

I like this collection a lot, the jackets look amazing (the off-white one with the little drapy thing going back to the shoulder is quite something, so is the bi-color one). Some shorts are interesting, don't care much about the shoes. But overalll it's good.

[quote user="mike b"]I gotta say that I really dislike the model though, I dont mean to sound harsh but theres something disturbing about him[/quote]

The model definitely fit in the 'freak'-beauty that Rick Owens seems to appreciate, I quite like the model actually.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting, Cas.

This is cute. Like deuxmille, I definitely see a resonance with Raf. Contrary to RS, there is nothing to get excited about design-wise here, but I can appreciate that these clothes would fit easily into many existing wardrobes. I also like that it is so seasonally appropriate.

The model is ok--I think the 'freak' factor is just typical, awkward, adolescence. [|-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

agreed on the model (on, no, broke my own rule of no model talk [61])
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cbdas
                              • Oct 2006

I just looked at this again and I do like it despite my first impressions. I just think people expect too much from designers like Rick Owens(and Ann D)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎