• Oct 2006

Re: Rick Owens menswear S/S 08

rick owens sport
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

Love it. So many items that can be incorporated into and add an edge to existing wardrobes, without having to go overly goth looking. Particularly love the draped jacket, like others have mentioned. I wonder if anyone will get that particular piece here in the US?

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="cbdas"]I just think people expect too much from designers like Rick Owens (and Ann D).[/quote]

quite frankly, i dont expect to be surprised by anything rick owens puts out anymore. the latter is a different story (for now).

Comment

• rach2jlc
          • Sep 2006

If I were five years younger and still in school, I think I would love this collection. But, I'm not, and so it feels a little limited to me. Where would MOST people who could afford it or be interested in it wear it who weren't less than twenty-five? I'm not saying that having a "young" look is a bad thing... far from it... it just seems that this collection (at first glance) is styled to look like something all of my teenage students wear.

I like some of the jackets and think they could be added to an existing wardrobe (I especially like looks 2 and 5), but overall, the collection just feels a little narrow to me. When a collection is spot on, there is something in it for just about everyone, often in surprising or unexpected ways (I'm especially thinking of older Lang, even SOME Y-3, etc.). Perhaps it is just the way this one has been styled, but it just feels like it is leaving me out and so doesn't make me want to go to a boutique to see it in person.

And, I'm breaking my no-model talk as well, but this guy is really unappealing... it looks like they picked him up from their local homeless shelter, hosed him off, and put some clothes on him.;)

Comment

• Trendy Andy
            • Jun 2007

[74] [74] [74] [74] [74] [74] [74] [74] [74] [73]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]rick owens sport
            [/quote]

I agree with everything that is quoted below here. This is Rick Owens were talking about, I assume we all were hoping a tad more of what is expected when we hear the name Rick Owen. And this consist most of his Spring collection? Perhaps he wants to branch out and see if his consumers would consider purchasing his designs over Yohji's Y-3 [76].

-Andy

[quote user="laika"]

There is nothing to get excited about
            design-wise here, but I can appreciate that these clothes would fit
            easily into many existing wardrobes.

The model is ok--I think the 'freak' factor is just typical, awkward, adolescence. [|-)]

[/quote]

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="Purity"]I like a lot of, most of the jacket and the footwear as well, but is it only me who thinks that blazer looks terrible?[/quote]

I agree, that blazer and that look in particular don't look very flattering.

Usually a fan of Rick's collections, even though i don't think i'd be able to carry any of it. However, this collection doesn't feel too inspired. I liked the current season stuff though.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

bump....what do you guys think of the nylon asymetrical zip hoody pieces....and has anybodys opinions changed now that the collection is hitting stores. for me, i feel like this is a breakthrough collection in understanding RO. the cuts fit me perfectly
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Love 'em. They are rather expensive for nylon outerwear but I guess that comes with buying Owens' clothing. I'm really hoping I can find one of the asymmetrical zip nylon jackets on sale once it comes that time.

There's also a really cool zip up nylon jacket with a zipper on the torso that's excellent but......it's $1700.

I love all of his collections to be honest but I think it's a really strong Spring offering with a lot of basics that can go year 'round. The jackets this season are exceptional. I have a feeling his Fall collection is gonna blow minds though.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

yeah i've always wanted to like Rick but never quite understood it. i think this season is the downfall of all resistance. [64] (and like you say cas, it's the jackets that are to blame)
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I think Rick, unlike many designers, doesn't really try to say his collections are based on anything more than just making beautiful clothes. Which is part of the reason I like him, he sticks to his aesthetic and his vision.

His jackets are great (exploder was a standout season I think). His basics are what pays the bills though, which after buying plenty of them, I can see why; I can never get enough of his sheer t-shirts and cotton sweaters. Now I really wanna get that cardigan you picked up from A!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i was actually pretty surprised by how much i enjoy this spring collection. the early buy at barneys had me feeling that it wasn't so hot, but after seeing the new pieces, it's definitely sickness. i need to stop by A to see their buy. i'm sure i'll be wanting to buy a few pieces, but i'll have to restrain myself.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

I wish the Barneys here would get a clue and start carrying Rick again. I'll have to stop by Maxfield to see what they got in stock even though I really don't enjoy going to that store....

A's buy is pretty good. A bunch of the tanks, s/s, striped l/s, cut off t-shirts, drop crotch zipper pants/shorts, white leather jkt, black leather jkts, white/black sneakers, vneck sweater, and that drapey short/long cardigan. I think the only thing they are waiting on now are some accessories like the scarfs/bandanas.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Also. Archive is carrying the mainline now;

Some notables are the leather moto vest, nylon zipper jkt, sheer tees, and some leathers. For Fall they plan on carrying more as well as the sneakers.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

ooo. i need a $60000 bandana. i'll buy one.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Hahaha, they're actually pretty cool. They're just a black/white striped sheer bandana scarf lookin' thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎