• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Yohji Yamamoto Womens SS08 Paris

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji Yamamoto Womens S/S 08 Paris

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Not being able to see the back is such a travesty. I think quite a few of the looks actually have quite some volume in the back - the front-on perspective does not do it justice.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

This is sick. [:O] Yohji = Master.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

I'm sick as a dog (sniffles loudly [70]) but had to haul myself out of bed to see this...

and post this super cool picture of Yohji. [H]

I'll spare everyone my esoteric musings...but does anyone else find it fascinating that he moved from monograms and polka dots to tattoo prints? Especially given his obsession with signatures?

It's such a beautiful and sexy collection...I really appreciate the back views, Avanster. [64] I'll be back to comment more....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yohji looks awesome.

Laika, would love to hear your esoteric musings once you get well (I hope soon!).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

This was definitely one of the shows I was waiting to see and Yohji didn't dissapoint.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sbw4224
                      • Sep 2006

My favorite of Paris so far - Yohji rarely disappoints. I can't look too closely at this now but from what I can see it looks like this collection will only continue to grow on me.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Remember this?

8. I love the back. A beautiful back makes a beautiful front. When you
                        slouch, think about what happens to your front. You have to keep your
                        back in the right position. This is where your spirit lies.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• jevna
                          • Aug 2007

my favourite so far! those black dresses are just...wow! speechless...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Remember this?

8. I love the back. A beautiful back makes a beautiful front. When you
                            slouch, think about what happens to your front. You have to keep your
                            back in the right position. This is where your spirit lies.

[/quote]

Yes, I remember this and agree. Back is probably the sexiest part of anatomy for me (if you haven't figured out by the picture on our homepage :-))

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎