• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Julius s/s 2008

taken from superfuture. credit to djrajio:

EDIT: didn't realize each item was its own image. i'm too lazy to post all of them so you can go here to see the rest

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=38579

Did you get and like the larger dick?
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Julius s/s 2008

Not too fond of it. Other than the drapey pieces and some of the leathers and pants, the rest looks like rips from other brands with slight tweaks to them.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• irrlicht
      • Jan 2007

some nice items.. but those 3-month old baby calf leather items makes me sad

btw anyone know which website are these pics from?

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Not too fond of it. Other than the drapey pieces and some of the leathers and pants, the rest looks like rips from other brands with slight tweaks to them.[/quote]
        I have to agree. After buying several seasons of Julius, I really wonder how much more draped stuff can I add to my wardrobe when they basically look the same as previous seasons, or similar to other brands (especially with Attachment basically aping Julius)? The coat with the drapey cowl looks interesting, although I really can't justify buying a coat for Spring Summer... with the way weather is in NYC (not to mention Global Warming in general) it's really an early Fall item. If Fall ever gets here, that is.

Comment

• interman
          • Dec 2006

Julius, where f/w means fall, and s/s means fall.

As said, some cool stuff, but I don't know what I'd get out of that.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I dunno, I have to say that I pretty much like everything. some pieces are obviously quite similar like the drapy neck shirt which is sort of a staple in their collections, but for example the jackets and coats, the leather bag, boots and all look very good. the print shirts I'm not too fond of.

I definately wanna get this:

this jacket looks very good, as does the similar colored, slightly differently cutone posted above:

the texture on these looks pretty interesting:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mic
              • Sep 2006

nothing mind blowing from them, feels like they made everything before but somehow i think its their best collection, can't say why. maybe its just improved versions of everything they made before.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Not too fond of it. Other than the drapey pieces and some of the leathers and pants, the rest looks like rips from other brands with slight tweaks to them.[/quote]

Agreed. "Inspiration" drawn from the last few seasons of several brands for what is a disappointing collection. Some exceptions, but for the most part an unvaried recycling of looks we have seen in the past. Taking a
                Poell top and cutting off the sleeves doesn't strike me as innovative nor does it impress me in the
                slightest. I'd like to see a fit pic of the jumpsuit (though it too has been done dozens of times over recently). I'd never
                wear a jumpsuit, but I am curious to know how it would look worn.

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                  • Dec 2006

wow, and i thought julius was ripping off rick owens before. look at those shirts with the prints (words)....looks just like the new drkshdw tees.

i think pollyanna.com and browns london still has em..or should i say the old tees. i don't have much respect for this brand after seeing that.------AND that extra long hoodie which is also a replica of drkshdw. terrible.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, the print tees and the long zip hooded sweatshirt look just like DRKSHDW.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

Agreed. "Inspiration" drawn from the last few seasons of several brands for what is a disappointing collection. Some exceptions, but for the most part an unvaried recycling of looks we have seen in the past. Taking a
                      Poell top and cutting off the sleeves doesn't strike me as innovative nor does it impress me in the
                      slightest. I'd like to see a fit pic of the jumpsuit (though it too has been done dozens of times over recently). I'd never
                      wear a jumpsuit, but I am curious to know how it would look worn.

[/quote]

I still want one of those Raf jumpsuits.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

definitely a lot more derivative than in the past. i think that belted coat looks really nice though.

Comment

• Komakino
                          • Sep 2007

Komakino will have that bag - the only store in North America with Julius for next season.

Campbell

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Komakino
                            • Sep 2007

I saw this collection first hand when I placed the order in Tokyo and have to say that it was quite possibly the best collection I saw for SS 2008, including all of the big guys.

Keep in mind that viewing some two dimesional photoscannot really do anything justice (ditto for runway shots) and there is nothing to replace touching fabrics, trying things on and seeing them ona model.

It was in a word . . . outstanding.

PS - I love the comment about how every season is Fall at Julius - so true!

Campbell

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• tofu
                              • Nov 2007

judging from the photos, i only see two items that i like: the leather bag and leather jacket

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎