X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loveless
    • Feb 2007

Re: washing ccp boots

yea, i was purposely trying to get them to shrink up a little.. so the submerssion was purposeful.

otherwise, i love dirty boots

Comment

• aruva
      • Dec 2007

After some tough experiences, Iwont wash them..rather clean my leather shoe with moist cloth and use leather cleaner.Some of the shoes gave up thier stictching after the wash.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

pictures please!

Drying by filling the shoes completely with blotting paper and putting them near a heating source

this sounds like a terrible idea? quick drying makes leather get brittle doesn't it?

Comment

• loveless
          • Feb 2007

yea, defintely gonna post, problem is i wanna take pictures in natural light and when i get home its already dark so it might have to be on the weekend, but ill defintely get them up.

what i did was dry them next to a space heater that was set to a medium heat. it was basically blowing (via space heater fan) warm air on the boots over night. quicker than just letting them dry outside, but not as bad as baking (which carol does).

the next day the boots were stiff but not brittle. almost like how they were when i first got them. they felt amazing actually but now they went back to there normal softness. which sucks cuase they are almost too soft now i like them stiff.

so basically in the end. washing made the boots made them lighter (more greyish than jet black) andbrought down some of the major irregularities in height (around the toe and top of foot) but otherwise overall stiffness and width was pretty much unchanged.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎