Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed: High resolution pictures of expensive, rare and fascinating 'arte povera' garments + more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Help needed: High resolution pictures of expensive, rare and fascinating 'arte povera' garments + more.

Hi all,

I am going to apply for an unpaid internship at a small fashion magazine here in Denmark. I am to write a short article (about 2000 characters) to demonstrate my abilities as a writer. Apparently the content does not matter much, but I would like to produce something interesting. Something that makes me stand out. I haven't decided exactly what I am going to write about, but I am certain that is going to be something in relation to CPP, CDiem, LUC et cetera. Maybe it'll be about the production processes. Or the aesthetic. Or the small 'cult' that follow these labels Or the difference between mass-fashion and these small artisans. Maybe about the apparent irony of buying the very finest materials and destroying (distressing) and selling them for very high prices. And why the irony is only apparent. Why CCP, MA and the others produce these items like this, and why some people love them so much that they are willing to go through so much trouble and paying thousands of dollars to aquire them. What ever angle I chose it would be great to have some high-quality pieces of these garments to send along. Preferably distressed leather jackets, boots in 'special' leathers, maybe a LUC cashmere knit. Fascinating stuff.

If anyone has any suggestions, interesting facts, good sources of information or just want to comment on my ideas do not hesitate! I need all the help I can get! :)

Best regards,

H. With

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: High resolution pictures of expensive, rare and fascinating 'arte povera' garments

Remind me Monday, when I am back at work.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

Re: High resolution pictures of expensive, rare and fascinating 'arte povera' garments

Thanks a lot! I will!

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Also, can anyone give me some production figures? I read somewhere that CCP only produces about 60 jackets a year. Do anyone have more numbers like these, or can tell me where I can find them? Also in relation to Cdiem etc. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Although it's very (very very!) lengthy, I'd check the CCP thread along with the various Continues threads here. I believe someone said that CCP produces something like 3000 pieces a season? Possibly less.

Another great resource is the Carpe Diem and CCP threads on tFS. There is a member there named Runner that has amazing amounts of information both on the background of these designers, their ideas/concepts as well as upcoming collections!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Why CCP, MA and the others produce these items like this, and why some
            people love them so much that they are willing to go through so much
            trouble and paying thousands of dollars to aquire them.

ummm, i think this has to do with the fact that it's art.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

Exactly. It wan't a question :-) I am going to explain why, as most people will probably ask themselves this question when they are faced with these garments.

[quote user="philip nod"]

Why CCP, MA and the others produce these items like this, and why some
              people love them so much that they are willing to go through so much
              trouble and paying thousands of dollars to aquire them.

ummm, i think this has to do with the fact that it's art.

[/quote]

Comment

• HWith
                • May 2007

Thanks for all the advice, all! I've checked the CCP thread but yeah, it would take quite a while to get through, and my time is limited. The application must be sent tomorrow and I have work to do. But l'll manage. :-)

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

Deleted :)

Comment

• HWith
                    • May 2007

I got the internship starting next week. Thanks to everyone for the help! [75]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to see what you submitted. Any way of posting it all?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Pinoy
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to see what you submitted. Any way of posting it all?

[/quote]

I asked him the same question via PM? apparently its in Dutch. :(

Comment

• Divo
                          • Mar 2007

If it's in Dutch I could translate it for you guys, but I doubt it is, because HWith was mentioning Denmark (well Danish and Dutch are quite alike)...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎