• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Rick Owens F/W 08-09

I predict some serious SZ swooning...[73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rick Owens F/W 08-09

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

Wow, I love those boots.
      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

I have a sudden urge to read Kafka

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

This is INSANE! I like it but some of it looks almost impossible to wear off the runway.

Either way, very inspiring and I'm glad he's still pushing the envelope. Thanks for posting Laika!

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

Definitely less accessible than last year's super-strong collection, but I like it. I think individual pieces will be incredible to work with.

Man, is it me or does Guinevere's face look extra wide in that shot?!

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

this is wildly fucking amazing.hopefully some of this will work on thin boys. i'd love to own one of those coats, and definitely those zippered pants!

[64]

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think rick has been watching Transformers too much. Of course, Kafka is a much worthier inspiration [64][64][64]

I think it's an amazing presentation in itself (and those overly long zippered boots are really cool). I like the second part of the collection as much as the first, although it is less extreme. I think it's a step in creative direction (a bit reminiscent of the CDG "lumps" collection), which is good for Rick, because he's been a bit stagnant.

Laika, what do you think?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Review--note the last line. Am I the only one who was in the dark about this? [72]

PARIS, February 24, 2008?Those who
                        came looking for the light-handed couture of Spring were in for a
                        surprise. The couture workmanship was still there, but as for the
                        light?well, Owens hasn't retreated back to his proverbial crypt, but
                        his models did look like they had swaggered through the apocalypse. An
                        engaging sight it was, too. Their uniform consisted of a mink cap, a
                        glorified cashmere sweat suit of layered tees and long shorts in olive
                        drab or black, and leather or shearling legwarmers that laced at the
                        back of the knee and belled out unzipped above towering wedge boots.

Having established that base, Owens zeroed in on the outerwear that he
                        so loves to embellish. "I lifted so directly from Lee Bontecou that I'm
                        telling everybody," he said backstage, referencing the American
                        sculptor best known for her menacing fabric and steel constructions of
                        the sixties. Indeed, some of the coats had funnels, à la Bontecou, that
                        protruded several inches above the shoulders like wings and circled
                        around the torso to drape from the hips. These might prove challenging
                        even for Owens' most avant-garde devotees, but there were other piecesthat will only broaden his appeal: Take the divine, weightless-looking
                        minks that tied dramatically at the neck to drape in soft folds down
                        the torso, or the edgier peplum styles in (Bontecou again) patchworks
                        of cashmere, metallic leather, and faded denim. These will surely find
                        an eager audience at the Paris transplant's first New York outpost, a
                        Tribeca store at Hudson and Dominick that's scheduled to open this
                        summer

? Nicole Phelps

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ WOW! No, definitely news for me! Interesting.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

That's great news. Isn't Atelier reopening in the same or nearby area?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Atelier + Rick Owens + Aloha Rag (supposedly). And to imagine that I used to work one block from there for two years. Ahh, the good old days...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎