• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe F/W 08-09 Womens - Paris

[75]

The softness is extremely appealing though. [64]

I like the subtle evolution toward draping from the spring shapes. As stunning as S/S is, the fabrics are all very crisp, almost stiff. This will be heaven on the body, I think--much more sexy to wear. [:$]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

I'd wear this today. [64]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="laika"]

I'd wear this today. [64]

[/quote]

including the headgear?!?! [86]

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

I llike some of it, But find the Headgear sort of depressing, I need to know what is his inspiration behind the head dress.

I like a few things this week, but except for Undercover (which i really need to look at again) havent seen anything that really bring out an emotion in Me.

I have hope for this evening though, the great CHALAYAN is Centre Stage Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

I was lucky enough to see this in person......I like it but not hugely, the way I want to like his clothes. I found the drapey stuff technically accomplished but a tad dull to look at. The jackets were better - the coats with the sleeves that sort of turned into capes are very good, and I think pretty wearable. The tactile scrunched and gathered jackets are the best. It's quite a disciplined, studied collection, not just endless different outfits in different colours, and there's something good about that. The show was beautiful - the music amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎