• Casius
    • Dec 2006

Comme Des Garcons Womens F/W 08.09 Paris

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Comme Des Garcons Womens F/W 08.09 Paris

No problem!

I'm still on the fence about it although there are some looks I really enjoy. The black and white looks are great as are the last printed dress looks but I'm not really feeling the frilly pieces in the first few looks.

I do agree with you though, the mens (especially after her SS08 collection) this season was very lackluster. Some cool elements but ultimately nothing that made me think I will buy come Fall.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

I dunno why, but I find this depressing....[:(]
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="laika"]I dunno why, but I find this depressing....[:(]
        [/quote]

Haha, it's like, dark-horror-valentine. I know I certainly don't get cheery after looking at it! [75]

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well, the first part of the show is hideous, but it gets better as it goes along. No doubt, Laika, it is depressing - some of them look a bit rape-victimish, no? Can't wait to hear Rei's explanation [85]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

[quote user="wire.artist"]

The more I look at it the more I like it.[/quote]

Agreed. I saw this last night (granted while coming down with the flu), and was somewhat aghast, but a look this morning, and its grown on me considerably...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"] Can't wait to hear Rei's explanation
              [/quote]

Amy Winehouse

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="Faust"] Can't wait to hear Rei's explanation
                [/quote]

Amy Winehouse

[/quote]

oh lordy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^ good grief, what a pair of snobs! [85]

[86]

ARIS, February 26, 2008?Rei Kawakubo is an Amy Winehouse fan?who knew? The multiple Grammy award winner's Back to Black
                  played solidly throughout the Comme des Garçons Fall show, and such was
                  the funny sideways take on trashy fifties net petticoats, dance
                  dresses, and underwear that fell out on the runway that?who
                  knows??maybe La Beehive will eventually return the compliment.

Seriously, though, this was Kawakubo in one of her more skittish moods.
                  As she put it, "There's value in bad taste, too. This is Comme des
                  Garçons bad taste." That included puffballs of tulle in red and
                  cotton-candy pink, hairnet veils, leopard-spot hats, and lattices of
                  elasticized satin-frilled garter straps connecting the gaps between
                  chopped-up garments. Cheesy lip and heart motifs came into play as
                  well, the mouths opening as suggestive frilled portholes on coats, and
                  the love-hearts as embroideries. Still, despite Kawakubo's best efforts
                  to confound the tyranny of "good" taste, she couldn't help but end up
                  with a few items that might just look unironically pretty on the right
                  girl. The black satin bra-topped velvet and chiffon negligee dress, the
                  red circle-skirted polka-dotdance dress, and the white tulle ballet dress caged in black tape all
                  cry out for an Amy, a Lily Allen, or even a dear Kelly Osbourne to do
                  them justice.

? Sarah Mower

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

^ good grief, what a pair of snobs! [85] [86]

Amy Winehouse sucks. You heard it here first. [83]

PARIS, February 26, 2008?Rei Kawakubo is an Amy Winehouse fan?who knew? The multiple Grammy award winner's Back to Black
                    played solidly throughout the Comme des Garçons Fall show, and such was
                    the funny sideways take on trashy fifties net petticoats, dance
                    dresses, and underwear that fell out on the runway that?who
                    knows??maybe La Beehive will eventually return the compliment.

Seriously, though, this was Kawakubo in one of her more skittish moods.
                    As she put it, "There's value in bad taste, too. This is Comme des
                    Garçons bad taste."
                    That included puffballs of tulle in red and
                    cotton-candy pink, hairnet veils, leopard-spot hats, and lattices of
                    elasticized satin-frilled garter straps connecting the gaps between
                    chopped-up garments. Cheesy lip and heart motifs came into play as
                    well, the mouths opening as suggestive frilled portholes on coats, and
                    the love-hearts as embroideries. Still, despite Kawakubo's best efforts
                    to confound the tyranny of "good" taste, she couldn't help but end up
                    with a few items that might just look unironically pretty on the right
                    girl. The black satin bra-topped velvet and chiffon negligee dress, the
                    red circle-skirted polka-dotdance dress, and the white tulle ballet dress caged in black tape all
                    cry out for an Amy, a Lily Allen, or even a dear Kelly Osbourne to do
                    them justice.

? Sarah Mower

[/quote]

OMGHI2SONTAG! [86]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

I like her music.[85]

On another note, I think you finally found that elusive kitsch you've been looking for. [66]

And on yet another, what is this OMGH12 thing? [76]

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I like her music.[85]

On another note, I think you finally found that elusive kitsch you've been looking for. [66]

And on yet another, what is this OMGH12 thing? [76]

[/quote]

Just another stupid forum habit i picked up. [:$]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

I saw her performance at the Grammys,

I was really trying to be entertained by it, but couldn't bring myself to it.

I kept thinking........... seriously, this woman needs HELP

Its interesting that REI would be inspired by (or at least like) her music,

I have always viewed REI as some kind of Otherworldly person whose inspirations would be more er,........... Seminal than Amy Winehouse..........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

That's funny, everyone was dead on with the Winehouse inspiration. There's some decent stuff here, I actually like how the embroidered hearts are done (the way they crinkle up the fabric- not so sweet). But much of this gives me an icky Fredrick's of Hollywood meets goth girl vibe. Amy must be flattered to be the inspiration for a CDG show, as for her music, I like it but the original 50s girl groups did it better; I don't see what Amy adds to the genre except more ouvert lyrics.
                            music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I think the white dress would be a killer rock'n'roll wedding dress for someone. pnod, wouldn't you like for your bride to wear something like that?! Imagine, you are at the altar, and then it starts pouring... and you throw your green overlock Poell jacket (the rain be damned, such a romantic moment) over the dress, and a video is born.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎