Comment

• gaitortrout
      • Sep 2010

Thank you thank you.
      pm me.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

am i the only one who gets AA vibes from some of the introductions here? 'i'm x and i've been into fashion for x years'...

Comment

• gaitortrout
          • Sep 2010

I'd say that since the (vocal) population of this board consists primarily of a)Americans (ex-pats included); and b)Men; admitting for the first time that you're into spending thousands of dollars on obscure, impractical, and often uncomfortable leather garments by some antisocial hermit can feel a bit disorienting.
          pm me.

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Guilty, Shucks. Rumbled.

But normal folk don't understand the pleasure of an unfinished cow's arse jacket, cut to the exact dimensions of someone smaller than you!
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• happyfresh
              • Oct 2007

hi i'm happyfresh and i only wear it if it's eyetalian
              funeral pyre. hustler's spirit.

Comment

• CUTUP
                • Sep 2009

Might as well do this as well

My name is CUTUP, I have been into fashion for many years, however more mainstream and commercial brands.

It is only over the last 3-4 years or so that I have really found a niche I thoroughly enjoy. Some of the more obscure and unknown names have sparked the biggest interest in me, likewise joining this community have made me appreciate the clothing and philosophy behind it.

Previously it was more of a mindless consumerism, now I actually have a far more in depth feel for production and the designers behind the goods.

Likewise it has made me appreciate my favourite pieces even more, and made me be more picky over what I consume. Quality and love of the garment over just mindless buying
                Originally posted by marco-von
                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Slangking
                  • Nov 2010

Hi everyone. I've been browsing SZ for a few months now and after attending the Layers opening last night and meeting some of the guys that post here, I thought it was about time to take the plunge and get more involved. Thanks to snafu for his help in making my shoe purchase last night

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

welcome
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Slangking
                      • Nov 2010

Thanks Faust. I've learnt so much from reading the discussions here and hope I can contribute something back over time

Comment

• BUMMER
                        • Feb 2010

Welcome Slangking. Great username! "Wonderful and Frightening World..." is monumental for me!

Comment

• Slangking
                          • Nov 2010

Hi Bummer. Well spotted! It's a fantastic album, the best Fall album in my opinion. I first heard it when I was around 13 and it changed my world in terms of music. Brix owns a shop near where I live. I wanted to tell her how much I love that album but bottled it! What other bands are you into?

Comment

• wurm
                            • Nov 2010

Hello, everyone. I'm wurm, I've been into fashion for a few years now but I don't really have any preferred styles/niches. I've been aware of SZ for a while, but just finally decided to join.

Comment

• Adams
                              • Nov 2010

Haven't find this thread, Hello I'm Axel, 20 yo and from Paris, this sounds like AA presentations but heh.
                              C'est dans le noir que l'on voit le plus de lumières.

Comment

• MATT/TTAM
                                • Nov 2010

Guess this is one of the best threads to start with.
                                My name's Matt (duh!), I'm a 20y/old uni student in Brisbane studying photojournalism.
                                I've been interested in clothing for a few years, but it's less than a year that I've known all that much about high/designer fashion. The main brands I follow are Raf (I like to collect his older stuff), Odyn Vovk and Jil Sander.
                                In terms of style, I'm a bit of a muddle; classical blazers, tailored shirts and loafers in the same wardrobe as combat boots, sleeveless shirts, ratty sweaters, Raf and military disposal stuff. My favourite colour is blue and it shows, probably being the most common colour in my wardrobe, followed by black, followed by white. Other than that, it's just the odd item of such and such.
                                I'm on a couple other forums as well, just look for "BillyMaysHere!" Looking forward to lurking some more and seeing what I can learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎