• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: This Is What I Do

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

ha. </p>

basically i worked in tech consulting for 3.5 years after graduating college. now i work for a marketing/advertising company in nyc that deals with online marketing, working in the strategy and analysis group. ;)</p>

i also run a small record label.</p>[/quote] eh what? You never told me this!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

you can check out one of the records on this site:</p>

http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/l...+of+sound.html</p>

i took a hiatus in order to buy cluthinz from ccp. i'm half joking.</p>

i actually owe nycd a record. SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY!</p>
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• iSuck
        • Mar 2008

My job title is "Regional Sales Director, North East &amp; (Large Independent Jeweler Name)" at a rather large jewelry company. Combined the region does about $20-25million/year in sales.</P>

Basically, I baby sit all of our accounts in NY, NJ, PA, DC, MA, VT, CT and then a large chain of jewelry stores in VA, NC, SC. There are 4 sales reps who are out in the field that visit the stores, merchandise the cases, etc. I am the one who sits in our NY office and basically makes sure everything runs smoothly, worries about our order writing and shipping goals, monitor their stock to sales plans, look into aged merchandise RTVs, write trunk showsand then handling the little customer service issues that come up now and then. I.E. this morning there is a type of stone we've not used in 3 years; but, a $100k/yr customer at one of our stores needs the ring to match the earrings she bought 3 years ago. Now I am trying to find any store that has that stone so we can pop it out and reset it in a huge size 10 ring for the voluptous gal.</P>

I had left my buying office position at Saks about a year ago because I felt it was stagnating since the company likes to find any loop hole they can to not promote you. Jewelry is different from what I really like; but, still pretty interesting...and I have lots of contacts now that can get me a deal on the watches I like. I'll stay here if I can see my career grow in a manner that I'd like; but, I would be a liar if I said I really didn't want to get back into ready-to-wear.</P>

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

iSuck, ever thought about opening your own boutique that covers all your tastes, from clothes to jewelry and art? Warhol the game with your tastes...Colette of the USA.

Comment

• iSuck
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="matthewhk"]iSuck, ever thought about opening your own boutique that covers all your tastes, from clothes to jewelry and art? Warhol the game with your tastes...Colette of the USA.
            [/quote]</P>

It's funny because I would love to do that more than anything (and could have the financial backing); but, I just don't see anyplace I would want to live that would have the market for it.</P>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

You live in New York City. If I had the backing, I would open a store a long time ago.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• iSuck
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]You live in New York City. If I had the backing, I would open a store a long time ago.
                [/quote]</P>

I don't see a need for it.</P>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Chicago perhaps?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Chicago perhaps?[/quote]</p>

I've been thinking that as well....But I believe a store like Seven would do better out there than anything....but maybe I'm wrong. </p>
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• iSuck
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Chicago perhaps?[/quote]</P>

I've been thinking that as well....But I believe a store like Seven would do better out there than anything....but maybe I'm wrong.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Wanna move?</P>

I'm sure Bravo would give us a reality show.</P>

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I'm down. To be honest, a show about running a high end retail shop might be kind of a cool reality show....</p>

</p>

...Where do I sign? </p>
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• iSuck
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

I'm down. To be honest, a show about running a high end retail shop might be kind of a cool reality show....</P>
                          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

...Where do I sign?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Are we going to find a 3rd and do it like Three's Company or just remain The Odd Couple?</P>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I'll move there for residency and pop in from time to time to mix it up a bit hahaha

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

haha i'd be down for chicago too!

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Chicago is a wonderful place. Often think about opening a clothing store, one there could be fun.</p>

But that's mostly idle-time thought. I'm a grad student. For my school research I do work on game theoretic countermeasures to network intrusions in battlefield networks. It's a lot of words, it means I simulate systems with independent actors and play games with them until I can break them. Then I figure out how to fix these.</p>

For my own research I do cryptographic protocol analysis and (hopefully shortly) design.</p>

To help fund school and clothing I do computer network/system maintenance, construction and design for law and medical offices (independent). </p>

Mostly, while I'd love to buy wardrobes of CCP and the like, I can't stop traveling. This year I've been back home to CA twice, once to OR, twice to NYC, I'm going to Japan next month, London and Paris either in July or October. If I can talk myself into cutting down on traveling I'm going to get an overlock jacket.

</p>
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎