X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    made these, nothing next level, some cards and a leather wrap out of boredom :P

Nifty...Love the simplicity of it.

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

I'm having a course in painting with a quite unusual touch to it. First we got to work very expressive, and trying to get structures and so, trying to mix all kinds of materials together. But also the teacher went around and looked at what we usually does and gives some tip about how we could incorporate that into the painting class. So today I started to paint "a film" I'm thinking of. Like stills.

I haven't really done so much "realistic" painting, so this is a challenge, but I am pretty pleased with what has come out today, haven't done too much, but I like the raw feel to it.

Comment

• sharkweek
        • Apr 2008

I really like that painting bestial, how did you acheive the texture on the wood(?)

right now I'm learning how to silkscreen, this is the second one I've done so far.

Half of the image is a picture I took in Switzerland earlier this year, the other half is a picture I took with my camera and a kaleidoscope.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

was going to ask the same, looks like an old piece of wood but is it..?
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

yeah, it's just an old wooden board that's been around school for ages, acting as support for the papers when you have drawing class and such.

I went back to see if I could find some more pictures like that one, only to realize that this is a photo by Warhol, damn, didn't know that. >_< Anyhow, haw to start working with it again today, finding out what else I should put in there, and also do some adjusments and so... might even try to hit it with the old oil paint. :)

I like that all black silkscreens on coloured papers, reminds me so much of old punk-posters and such.
            Last edited by bestial; 11-14-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• editevening
              • Nov 2008

long time lurker, first time poster... so i thought i'd post some stuff here since i didn't see any "introduce yourself" type threads.

finished this up as part of a chupa chups campaign i directed here in melbs:

finished this acrylic painting (which isnt a very good scan) recently and workin on a couple more in a series:

#nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Meowz
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                I was going to start a similar thread, thanks mike for breaking the ice.
                </p>

I usually do architecture but I've tried differents fields.
                </p>

Some of my pieces: Built by myself with cheap materials and easy procedures. All materials could be found in a "toolshop"?. Only prototypes.
                </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

wow!!!!!! that's so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!
                i like the second installation though im not so sure what it exactly is ~ o.,Q

i also like the idea of using cheap toilet papers~ some times i think cheap is a one time thing.. i beg its quite comfortable to sit on the toilet paper chair~ woo hoo !!!
                Last edited by Meowz; 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM.
                Hello there~

I am a cat.. or rather I want to be a cat..

Comment

• Meowz
                  • Oct 2008

so many great art works on here~ Im so impressed ~
                  you guys rock !!

i can only make some silly cat drawings..

Meow ~
                  Hello there~

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

kat fanatikat
                    do you know tam ochiai's work? its also all about cats
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Meowz
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      kat fanatikat
                      do you know tam ochiai's work? its also all about cats
                      I didnt know him though.. his work is all about cats? great ~
                      I will check it out ! thanks for the info~
                      Hello there~

Comment

• WiZARDBEEZ
                        • Nov 2008

My most recent piece.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ Viscerally, I like it.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                            Wow, everyone does such great stuff! Gutpocho, that building is amazing!</p>

I did the music for my friends Performance Art/Runway Show presentation this weekend at Yale, it was great, and I thought the music was hot [:O]</p>

Check out the track titled "Runway" on my myspace and work!</p>
                            I'm still listening to that track. It sounds a bit like what an autechre / spacer collab would sound like. It's very very solid. love it. Are you planning to make a full length album? You definetly have the talent, no question.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks for your kind words. The funny thing is I kinda threw this together for my friends show and it's not my usual style. But sometimes things turn out better that way. I would like to make a full length album at some point. At the moment, I'm focused on getting into a doctoral composition program. Once December is over I can breath for a second and get back to making more stuff like this.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                              I'm still listening to that track. It sounds a bit like what an autechre / spacer collab would sound like. It's very very solid. love it. Are you planning to make a full length album? You definetly have the talent, no question.
                              music

Comment

• Magician
                                • Jul 2008

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎