X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

thanks! 12mm plywood, I used angle bars inside to reinforce it and to avoid any visible attachments, only the back panel has small nails. I thought about wood plugs, but they are a bit hard to align.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

Oh, so it holds up well without any support over the sitarea? Does it bend anything while you sit on it?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I actually put in a block of wood under the seat area, its between the top and bottom panels so it prevents the top from bending. in addition there are angle barls connecting the top panel to the sides and front.

it definately took me a while to figure out the right arrangement of the panels and then making them all fit properly, the key is that the top panel sits on top of the sides, and the bottom of the seat sits on top of the inner sides.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

The solution looks to have worked out really well! It is always tempting to wanna cut the sides with angle but it usually is so damn hard to do it right and to get everything to fit.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Lovely Arto!

Homemade Rick style furniture is definitely the way to go. All the man uses for a lot of his stuff is straight up plywood.

I'm impressed for sure. Woodwork is something I know nothing about. Your final product is lean and clean :)
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

^ thanks A

some non physical creations for a change; I did a small face lift on my personal website: http://pahlo.com (half the pages dont work atm)

it doesn't really serve any purpose, just features some photography and random things.

Comment

• North
                • Sep 2008

mike lowrey, thats a great piece, love it. Good design on your website aswell.

Here's a drawing I made 2 days ago.

my website can be reached here: http://dkulen.net

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                  made this last week:

this is great

time to give DSM a call?
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• NON
                    • Apr 2009

i work in advertising and design. selected work from the past 4 years for a lecture at art center college of design.

Comment

• move_ment
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NON View Post
                      i work in advertising and design. selected work from the past 4 years for a lecture at art center college of design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0GraD6qCU
                      Looks to be great work at the quick glance... plus some amazing clients. Well done.

Do you freelance or is 3X3 your company?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

you have both a very impressive clientele and very cool work

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by NON View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0GraD6qCU
                          Awesome. Where can I watch this in slow motion?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Uploaded a new electronic piece I've been working on titled "Night" here Hopefully the words aren't too cliche, I hate lyrics but liked the idea of a voice here. I may change it if I can find a poet friend to give me some words w/ no strings attached. Hopefully you can't hear what I'm saying w/ effects anyway . Unfortunately had to lower sound quality to fit on myspace, the fidelity of the actual track is very high. It's a work in progress so be kind.
                            music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I can't make out the words, but the music is great!!!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                                AZK's miniature for camel</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
                                </span></p>
                                holy crap. I have never seen anything like this. Do you have more pics? more work? I really want to see more pics of the set-up...it's crazy to have a little thing like that turn into an amazing photo! nice job, love to see more! and mike, man, i'm motivated myself to build me some furniture.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎