Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Mike - You made great stuff and very functional. The metal pipe rack is awesome.

Heirloom - some interesting stuff. Did you do all the Photoshop/Illustrator works on your photos too?

I have been taking a lot of street photography lately. I am kind of addict to it these days...

Here is my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/29309900@N06/

Comment

Buckwheat - Thanks. Yepp, I do. I'm growing outof it though, but I've always planned to do some very inbetween things (photography/illustration), like Minori and Zoren Gold. I'm very very into that sortof striking buzy imagery.

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey
        finished with a semi-covering coat of black primer with a little bit of the previous coats showing through.
        tried to find some black primer last week but couldn't find any other then grey or white. also looked for a transparent black, have you tried Motip Backlight Black and know if it's any good?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

grey and black are the most common primers, they must've ran out or something...? should be available from any store carrying a decent selection of spray paints.

transparent black, hmm.. for what use? I think the motip one is something thats used for car lights, right? those are not that good in my opinion, I've used some on plexiglass and you have to apply a pretty thick coating for it to have a solid shiny surface. it'll still let some light through, but will look dark grey or black on clear glass. but yea, depends on what you're looking to use it for?
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

well yeah, might be the shitty stores we have here, well primer wasn't really necessary. about the use of the transparant black I just wanted to add some darker colour to a ground that I'm working on which have multiple layers of different colours, only that it's to bright. so according to your experience with the motip (yeah, it's for cars) it sounds like it would suit me well... only that I would want a more matt finish.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I'm not sure how well the motip would work in a thinner layer, if you spray a full layer over a dark background it will just look black and have a glossy surface.

if you want to slightly darken something, maybe just use a matte black paint and spray a thin layer from a good distance? that would just darken it a bit, basically what I did with all the colours on my clothes rack.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

okey, could work. I'm not that superhandy with spray, and get to rushed and just cover everything from like 20-30mm distance. :D but might try to just use some regual black then.

of course a darker colour which had transparancy would be to prefer. or, of course... I could buy a darker grey.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

This is my latest creation, and also my first installation. I mostly painted in my first year at the art school, but I wanted to try something new.

EDIT: As Magician said, the following text about what meaning I put into my work could be to strict, please say what thoughs and meanings you get of the work. It is very usefull for me to get different angles.

I called it ".to create life with objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visual spectrum." and it also had a note where I hade written an explanation for the word "Black" from a dictionary.

Basicly I wanted to show the combination of the body and the mind/knowledge/idea/faith, and how they meet and forms a creature or a society. And also show an idea that our everyday life is structured and almost formed by a machine, doing the same stuff every day. This also was emphasised by some mechanical sounds I had arranged over a heartbeat-loop.
                  I also found it pretty interesting to show "creation of life" with a color and object that pretty much means death in everyones ears.
                  Last edited by bestial; 10-01-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Yan
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                    This is my latest creation, and also my first installation. I mostly painted in my first year at the art school, but I wanted to try something new.

I called it ".to create life with objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visual spectrum." and it also had a note where I hade written an explanation for the word "Black" from a dictionary.

Basicly I wanted to show the combination of the body and the mind/knowledge/idea/faith, and how they meet and forms a creature or a society. And also show an idea that our everyday life is structured and almost formed by a machine, doing the same stuff every day. This also was emphasised by some mechanical sounds I had arranged over a heartbeat-loop.
                    I also found it pretty interesting to show "creation of life" with a color and object that pretty much means death in everyones ears.
                    Very powerful Bestial. Kind of sums up the world this week.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

thank you mate!

do you think about the banks crashing (Lehmann Brothers?) and that everyday life is almost turned upside down? The machine is out of order. :(

Comment

• J_J
                        • Apr 2008

bestial, that is very inspiring. I love the symmetrical setup and the way you positioned the lights.

Comment

• Who?
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by bestial View Post

I really like it bestial, I really want it for my living room. It reminds me of something though.
                          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

thank you guys! the whirlwind is inspired by Terrence Koh if that's what you though about? :)

and yeah, it would be a cool (but a little bit annoying to clean if you have the stripes on the floor) to have in a livingroom, to bad that my livingroom is my whole appartment. but it's greater if someone else had it in their livingroom, so you are welcome. ;)

Comment

• Magician
                              • Jul 2008

Your piece is wonderful!

I worry that your description may be a little too lengthy to do it justice though - perhaps a more simple title/description would let it stand on its own and let the viewer bring some interpretation to the table?
                              Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                                Your piece is wonderful!

I worry that your description may be a little too lengthy to do it justice though - perhaps a more simple title/description would let it stand on its own and let the viewer bring some interpretation to the table?
                                excuse me! I had "show and tell" for the teachers today, and there I had to tell them my thoughts which followed an hour of discussion, so I'm so into the whole "tell my vision"-thing. Which of course some viewers like.

but, according to all the following discussion from my peers and teachers much more than the things written did follow. but of course I would like to hear what you think and what feelings you get!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎