• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Re: Julius SS09 - Paris

[quote user="Honey~Blade"]
    I'm strangely attracted to those what looks like cropped leather cargo pants?

[/quote]

expensive though, you can buy one of their leather jackets for the price [:|]

Comment

• Honey~Blade
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dji"][quote user="Honey~Blade"]
      I'm strangely attracted to those what looks like cropped leather cargo pants?

[/quote]

expensive though, you can buy one of their leather jackets for the price [:|]

[/quote]
      Heck and my size is sold out already!

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

there is a size 1 on lounge, can't see a size 2 anywhere though. selling out surprisingly fast...

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the pics, faust.

[quote user="croatoan"]

Not a huge departure from the past few seasons, but I do love it. It is really a whole lot less industrial/military than the past couple collections which is really good for me. The general styling looks a bit cleaner than the current ss08 collection and the footwear seems to be back the cleaner basics, which I was really missing. Can't wait to see item shots.

This is may be the only runway show we will see from Julius. The general aesthetic is an old one with us who spend our days reading fashion forums and researching these minor brands, but the brand is still very unknown to the general populace. This show was supposed to be their official introduction into the fashion world to say "here we are." Aside for the lack of extreme layering and draping, it does a great job at establishing their look and appealing to those who are going to be into it but who might not be familiar yet with the brand. I've already heard a few things about the fw09 collection and how the image differs and with this collection I can already see the slow changing towards it. It is a bit more elegant, a bit less industrial, and hopefully by next time we should really be surprised. Julius just seems to love to slowwwwllllyyy shift their look which can get a bit repetitive if you're not looking at the entire picture.

[/quote]

Interesting points, croatoan. It's been quite a journey to see Julius go from being an art project, to becoming a cult label in Japan, and now being shown on a Paris runway. Congratulations to Tatsuro Horikawa.

Julius has always been slowly changing. With strong roots in cyberpunk and industrial undertones, it slowly evolved in a darker and more elegant direction with softer fabrics, more tailored pieces, more knits, and drapery. In recent seasons though, it seems its roots were revived, coming back to the original themes first explored in Nuke, but in an even darker and more, 'hardcore', if you will, manner. Now it's moving back again, and it's great to see that Julius is still retaining its core sensibility while slowly shifting to a more mature direction.

As croatoan has said, this collection is Julius' first step into the limelight of the world fashion stage. It's to show those who have not seen Julius before what they are about. And it's the lack of extreme layering and drapery that makes this work. The focus are on the pieces, rather than just the look. That is the one thing I have really liked about Julius. Each piece I
          have seen is beautifully constructed, with attention to quality. While this quality may not be obvious to the casual viewer from
          the pictures, I think it's great Julius haven't felt the need to
          resort to extreme styling 'tricks'. All the pieces are simply in plain sight, unobstructed by the usual layering.

It will be interesting to see what will happen in the next year or so. I know I'm looking forward to it.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

merz the best place I know of is the Noseglass blog, it has images of the majority of Julius' collections back to SS06 "The Structure".

Comment

• mattjames
              • Mar 2007

For some reason, an old Henry Ford quote comes to mind...

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

Avantster, is there an image archive somewhere that keeps the old/early julius collections? Would really love to see that.

[/quote]

Unfortunately not merz, while Julius was around since 2002 I believe they did not do a proper Tokyo show until 2005. Though I know that lookbooks do exist!

Just a few pictures, the scan I got from my man, Buckwheat.

s/s 2005

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• wildcat
                  • Jun 2008

seams like every other season to me, but i love looking at it regardless!

Comment

• Pinoy
                    • Dec 2006

Seems like some are lamenting the fact that Julius never really puts out anything new. Call it boring or just the 'same old same old', but I actually find that to be a positive thing. I love how Julius' look has been pretty steady throughout the years? very slowly shifting towards a more elegant and somber look as Avanster mentioned. To me, this demonstrates that Julius has a very specific, singular vision that it is going for, and it doesn't stray too far off.

Now if I could only figure out a way to get size 4 pieces without paying crazy stateside markups... heh

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

so who's buying the leather aviator cap? hahahahsa

[/quote]

I think Sellam's version was better, no? I'd rock it though. The question I'd like to ask is: Who's buying those tight short shorts?

Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

^ funny thing is the aviator cap was the first pre-order item to sell out on I.D. Heart

Comment

• Jon
                          • Apr 2008

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

I think Sellam's version was better, no? I'd rock it though. The question I'd like to ask is: Who's buying those tight short shorts?

[/quote]

I'm wearing both. RIGHT NOW.

Originally posted by merz
                          perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Jotsko
                            • Feb 2008

Anyone know of the soundtrack?

Sounds like some noisey Japan post-rock munchnunchunchnch....

майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

David, I didn't know Sellam did a version hehehe.

As for the tight shortie shorts... what fashionable Japanese ladyboy could resist a little pair of Yurius plum smugglers?!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡