Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

You are both damaging your health
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SunshineSometime
      • May 2008

Damn. I have to take protein shakes and weight gainer just so I don't lose weight.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
        heh, funny you should mention that. had the same issue, didn't bother me so much. i guess the reason i find it amusing has to do with the fact that i played football quite a lot growing up, and never really lost the resulting leg shape.
        same here. it stays with you.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

+1

Most of my weight is in my lower half. My top half doesn't usually change that much. I am probably 15 pounds heavier now than when I joined SZ, but it's only in my jean size that i've noticed. Also my actual waist isn't that big, but I always have to size up to accomodate my thighs. I blame it on skateboarding every single day from 1995 - 2005.

Comment

• Laconic
            • Apr 2009

I've had a vegan diet for the past three years--it helps a lot, as it pretty much forbids the eating of anything fattening. Other than that, I do a few crunches/push-ups a night. I can empathize with the leg thing; I go for really long walks at night and have super large calves because of it. Although, I've never really had jean issues other than my feet (which are only a size ten, but are a bitch in j-shapes).

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

I thought walking/jogging was supposed to make legs leaner? That's why long distance runners are lean, and sprinters have huge legs. Am I wrong?

Comment

• Laconic
                • Apr 2009

I kind of deduced why I had larger calves, but you could very well be / probably are right. Just to clarify, by walking I meant really fast, forceful walking.... not really 'power-walking' as I don't use my arms or hips.

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

I don't drive and take the metro everywhere. Not having a car helps me keep the fat off. Well, that is until I go to Baked and Wired and buy cupcakes in bulk.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• delirium
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                    I thought walking/jogging was supposed to make legs leaner? That's why long distance runners are lean, and sprinters have huge legs. Am I wrong?
                    Generally this is true, but the effect isn't very pronounced in the short-run.

Long distance runners are lean because they run for so long which will consume their bodies energy (in the long term, this will cause the body to catabolize excess muscle because running tends to also cause one's appetite to diminish), and their bodies adapt to an advantageous state for continuous, albeit not maximal, exertion, lower body weight.

Sprinters tend to have larger legs. As can be seen anecdotally and logically since sprinters require all out muscular exertion. On the other hand, sprinters also tend to do more traditional weightlifting and try to increase their muscle mass which will generally lead to more power, essential to sprinting.

But if one started off not working their muscles very little, walking / jogging could be enough to develop some leg muscle. So in sum, it's not as easy as walking / jogging --> leaner muscles & sprinting -> larger muscles.

This stuff is kind of complicated . I'm still trying to figure it out myself .

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                      okay well, I'm about to revive this thread.

I'm 5'10 and 132 lbs

all of my weight is in my legs, my upper body is very skinny. Dumb soccer

I have no idea how to lose this muscle in my legs, I go running quite often and try to watch my diet.
                      This is absolutely pissing me off.
                      heh, funny you should mention that. had the same issue, didn't bother me so much. i guess the reason i find it amusing has to do with the fact that i played football quite a lot growing up, and never really lost the resulting leg shape.
                      Merz's experienc is typical. You'll probably only lose the leg shape after prolonged periods of lack of activity, ie. being a lard ass, which I don't recommend because your legs won't really get smaller; they'll just be less-defined. That doesn't seem quite so appealing to me. I don't have such an extreme leg shape because I was a goalkeeper, and while I was fit, I didn't do as much running as outfield players. I like the form though; the exercise also made me work muscles I never knew I had. I still keep up with it.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                        • Mar 2007

When i lived in LA i used to bike about 50 miles a week, now i dont bike at all, as none of my pants would fit around my thighs. hah. i made too much of an investment to continue.

Comment

• Jonn
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SunshineSometime View Post
                          Damn. I have to take protein shakes and weight gainer just so I don't lose weight.
                          man i feel you. i eat and lose weight. i have to hit the gym hard to fit into 46..

Comment

• Pinoy
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Jonn View Post
                            man i feel you. i eat and lose weight. i have to hit the gym hard to fit into 46..
                            lets trade

i eat and balloon to a 52 from a 48

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              You are both damaging your health
                              I always thought of you as somewhat of a parent figure.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                                I always thought of you as somewhat of a parent figure.
                                I am a parent.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎