• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Google Ads

Hey all. Our community has been expending, and I wanted to ask you what you think about me running google ads to help me with the costs. The ad box would be next to the Yoox banner. I know they can get annoying, but hopefully they will be non intrusive for the most part.

I am also thinking to finally move our site to VBulletin. It will cost $180 for the software but the hosting costs should be cheaper, and xadam has graciously agreed to help me migrate the site.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Re: Google Ads

I see no reason why you shouldn't defray the cost, unless us forum members shoulder the cost directly.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

i'll charity auction that darkshdw jacket i have up now to the cause...

yeah we should have a charity auction...all proceeds to the site. buyer pays shipping. casius steals it all.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

I like the charity auction idea. :)
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I dont mind google ads, they're quite non-intrusive as you said.

charity auction sounds good, why not!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
            • Jan 2008

And vBulletin sounds good to, then I can finally get rid of firefox! [<:o)]

So yes to it all ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

why the hell would you want to get rid of firefox???????????????????/

firefox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i.e.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

why the hell would you want to get rid of firefox???????????????????/

firefox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i.e.

[/quote]

Maybe he smokes crack, or was just dropped on his head? As a side note, internet explorer tends to default to better security policies but is coded with so many more errors that the better policy choices don't get you more real-world security.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

I'm on a Mac here, so Internet Explorer is not even taken into consideration, and I think after it reach version 5 or something, they stopped updating it for Mac. I've always used Safari, which in my experience runs more smoothly and faster than Firefox. So no head bumps or other issues at birth. [66]

But anyways, whatever changes Faust has to make, to make it duable for him, I support.

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

I'm on a Mac here, so Internet Explorer is not even taken into consideration, and I think after it reach version 5 or something, they stopped updating it for Mac. I've always used Safari, which in my experience runs more smoothly and faster than Firefox. So no head bumps or other issues at birth. [66]

But anyways, whatever changes Faust has to make, to make it duable for him, I support.

[/quote]

Fair enough, sorry I'd forgotten that people with macs ever used safari. Firefox 3 is faster than Safari, and more secure. Stability is kind of tricky to measure. More secure does not mean secure at all, you're still basically fucked if you go to most of the sites with drive-by downloads, but firefox has slightly better security measures.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

bah, browser arguments, gotta love em..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="mike lowrey"]<P mce_keep="true">&nbsp;</P>
                        <P>bah, browser arguments, gotta love em..</P>[/quote]

Wait til we start the Mac vs. PC debate, that can really get people fired up! [74]

[quote user="theetruscan"]Fair enough, sorry I'd forgotten that people with macs ever used safari. Firefox 3 is faster than Safari, and more secure. Stability is kind of tricky to measure. More secure does not mean secure at all, you're still basically fucked if you go to most of the sites with drive-by downloads, but firefox has slightly better security measures.

[/quote]

Now, I really don't have that much knowledge on these matters, I have only hands on experience, so I'll ask you, would it be possible that Safari as a browser is better integrated with the OSx than Firefox is, which could be the reason why it for me runs smoother and faster? also I have a Powerbook G4, so a fairly slow processor compared to the intel processors, which might also have a saying?

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[quote user="theetruscan"]Fair enough, sorry I'd forgotten that people with macs ever used safari. Firefox 3 is faster than Safari, and more secure. Stability is kind of tricky to measure. More secure does not mean secure at all, you're still basically fucked if you go to most of the sites with drive-by downloads, but firefox has slightly better security measures. [/quote]

Now, I really don't have that much knowledge on these matters, I have only hands on experience, so I'll ask you, would it be possible that Safari as a browser is better integrated with the OSx than Firefox is, which could be the reason why it for me runs smoother and faster? also I have a Powerbook G4, so a fairly slow processor compared to the intel processors, which might also have a saying?

[/quote]

Safari actually runs as a program in exactly the same way as any other program. Visually, it will look more "of a piece" than firefox because it comes from the same designers.

Firefox 2 was much slower than Safari, Firefox 3 is much faster than Safari. When I said (or implied) that, I was referring to modern Intel Processor macs. For the most part, optimization is platform specific, and the G4 processor is fundamentally different from an Intel processor. Errr, the speed wouldn't explain the issue, but the different instruction set could explain why your results differ. Err, listening to a talk, assuming my reply is gibberish. sorry.

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Big yes from me, and I'd be up for the charity auction.

[quote user="Faust"]

Hey all. Our community has been expending, and I wanted to ask you what you think about me running google ads to help me with the costs. The ad box would be next to the Yoox banner. I know they can get annoying, but hopefully they will be non intrusive for the most part.

I am also thinking to finally move our site to VBulletin. It will cost $180 for the software but the hosting costs should be cheaper, and xadam has graciously agreed to help me migrate the site.

[/quote]

Can't wait for this!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

[quote user="theetruscan"]Fair enough, sorry I'd forgotten that people with macs ever used safari. Firefox 3 is faster than Safari, and more secure. Stability is kind of tricky to measure. More secure does not mean secure at all, you're still basically fucked if you go to most of the sites with drive-by downloads, but firefox has slightly better security measures. [/quote]

[/quote]

Safari actually runs as a program in exactly the same way as any other program. Visually, it will look more "of a piece" than firefox because it comes from the same designers.

Firefox 2 was much slower than Safari, Firefox 3 is much faster than Safari. When I said (or implied) that, I was referring to modern Intel Processor macs. For the most part, optimization is platform specific, and the G4 processor is fundamentally different from an Intel processor. Errr, the speed wouldn't explain the issue, but the different instruction set could explain why your results differ. Err, listening to a talk, assuming my reply is gibberish. sorry.

[/quote]

No gibberish, it makes sense that the different in the processors, and not their speed, might have an impact, on how the programs runs. As you also mentioned Safari is made by the same who does the OSx, why I also implied, not only design wise, but also how it runs, maybe is better than Firefox, but this might just be a myth. But anyways thanks for the input.

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍