Page 2 of 404 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Randomness

every time i see Heirloom's name it makes me want to eat tomatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post

Ear Cough reflex- there is a little branch of your Vagus nerve that goes to your ear canal. So sometimes when you put a Q tip in too far you'll stimulate this nerve and it'll cause you to cough or get a throat tickle.
    Thank you! I've always wondered why my throat itches when the doctor shines that little light in my ear. On a sort of related note I also sneeze when I go from darkness to bright light, like indoors to outdoors on a sunny day.

is anyone else surprised by how many hits threads in the classifieds here and on sufu get on google? when i was searching for images of the VA trench coat I noticed that my sale thread was the first link when i searched for viridi anne coat. just tried ann demeulemeester wool coat and it was in the first few links too. makes me feel somewhat self concious about posting fit pics

Got John Legend f/ Andre 3000 - 'Green Light' playin right now and feelin a slight rush of life in the dead of the weekend...ready to go right now? Flashing lights and changing lanes. I always see the world through tinted vision...

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    is anyone else surprised by how many hits threads in the classifieds here and on sufu get on google? when i was searching for images of the VA trench coat I noticed that my sale thread was the first link when i searched for viridi anne coat. just tried ann demeulemeester wool coat and it was in the first few links too. makes me feel somewhat self concious about posting fit pics
    i wouldn't worry its the same 10 people trying to see if the price has gone down every ten minutes.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    i have watched flash gordon from 1981 with sam jones 398 times as of yesterday. i have been proud of this 0 times.
    hahaha
    i've also watched this 398 times. it was one of 6 videotapes i had growing up. oh how the times have changed.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    courtney love in rick owens? :D
    quoting myself from another thread:

the thought of Rick Owens, his parents in their 80's, Gareth Pugh and Courtney Love sitting next to Rei Kawakubo in some chinese restaurant is pretty hilarious, imagine walking in there. "uhh.. what the f...."
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Heirloom

I just had no idea. I discovered Rick Owens this summer when I visited the palais royal. All I had seen before that was the pictures on his website, which is a rather bad selection of what he can do, if I may say so myself.

Kira: WHY is that? XD

because
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heirloom

I ruined my best scarf in the wash :(

I just had no idea. I discovered Rick Owens this summer when I visited the palais royal. All I had seen before that was the pictures on his website, which is a rather bad selection of what he can do, if I may say so myself.

They are the best tomatoes. I go to an heirloom tomato festival every august. It is just two wonderful hours of tasting fresh heirloom tomatoes right off of the organic vine. Purple, yellow, green tiger striped, cherry sized, grape sized, full sized. You name it and it is there. Awesome They are my favorite food, hands down. I prefer them even to chocolate

Now I want a tomato...
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

i eat one everyday

there are currently 666 threads in the designers and their works section..

I loathe tomatoes, though strangely I make an amazing caprese salad.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    I loathe tomatoes, though strangely I make an amazing caprese salad.

blasphemy

"The nature of our intelligence is such that it is stimulated far less by the will to know than by the will to understand, and, from this, it results that the only sciences which it admits to be authentic are those which succeed in establishing explanatory relationships between phenomena. The rest is, as Malebranch puts it, mere "polymathy.""

Heirloom

hey, sounds cool! I'm gonna make my own salsa for dinner tonight. *drool*

Quote Originally Posted by Real Real View Post
    "The nature of our intelligence is such that it is stimulated far less by the will to know than by the will to understand, and, from this, it results that the only sciences which it admits to be authentic are those which succeed in establishing explanatory relationships between phenomena. The rest is, as Malebranch puts it, mere "polymathy.""
    Makes sense. Would he then say that philosophy trumps science?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine