Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitney
    • Dec 2009

I think people are confused as to what happiness is because they forget happiness is not something that one person can define..at least not for the general population..for self maybe. I don't think happiness is necessarily overrated either.*

I've always been fascinated by how people are slow to change. they are born into an environment and almost always they adapt to it instead of trying to create a new one.*

I think too much which sometimes makes me contradict myself because at the same time I'm lazy and more willing to go with the flow. not as ambitious as my mom probably would like me to be. I realize I am capable as any other, I just don't care for it because i've already found out what makes me happy and I'm selfish enough to say I want to be happy in my own little bubble then to go out and fight the issues I often think and ramble about.

I regret nothing.
    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by whitney View Post
      I think people are confused as to what happiness is because they forget happiness is not something that one person can define..at least not for the general population..for self maybe. I don't think happiness is necessarily overrated either.*
      agreed

"happiness is overrated" sounds retarded to me, partly because its typically associated with career paths, life goals and whatever which are not the definition for happiness but a whole different matter. they can be associated with each other, of course, but they are not synonymous. you can be happy without being succesful and vise versa.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ronin
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

I don't really understand how happiness can be overrated. I would say something is overrated when it contributes less than I initially thought to happiness. It's a matter of definition though, since it is indeed personnal and thus one very hard thing to discuss with others. Whether we are talking about socially advertised life achievements, permanently being content, or being on a track that seems to lead where we planned to go, we are only discussing potential causes for happiness, not the concept itself. Saying "happiness is..." looks like a language shortcut to me.
        Although, yes, from a global point of view, one could probably say individual happiness is overrated.

Comment

• toulouse
          • May 2009

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
          I think ?happiness? is overrated (and the more cynical of us could perhaps go as far as to say that happiness is ignorance)
          Do you mean to say that ignorance is happiness tweaking the old adage? Because the transverse doesn't hold true. Revelatory moments are sheer bliss for me. It is of utmost importance to remember that everyone's views and opinions are a product of their own mindset. I will say that happiness is fleeting, just as everything else in this life is fleeting, inclusive of life itself.

You obviously see happiness as a life void of responsibilities (an assumption made based on the statement you made), as most of us have enjoyed in our youth (not everyone is so fortunate). This is not happiness, this is freedom. I'd love an extra slice of that myself. Happiness is a moment, our lives are a collection of moments. Everything passes with no guarantee that you will experience it again. Which is why it is to be treasured. Truer meaning to life? I think that the individual is the first variable that is highly sensitive to initial conditions. I guess the study of man, in this way, can fall under chaos theory?
          ________
          Kawasaki AR80
          Last edited by toulouse; 01-23-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Just got my acceptance letter to graduate school.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

Congratulations. What program?
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Thanks. Linguistics. Now I can start my seven year plan.

Comment

• swami
                  • Jul 2008

Comment Response on Huffington Post , Regarding RO turning down the MET Gala Invitation LOL...

'Thats the right move Rick. You have your own style. Which I'm such a fan of,I buy your stuff all the time.
                  "He was invited but didn't attend for reasons he'd rather not discuss."
                  He did not want to say he doesn't want to be seen with these a**holes. It would ruin his image to those he's trying to attract to buy his clothes, us, the "cool" people.

Sort of like inviting The Sex Pistols to perform for the Queen.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ that wasn't me.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I don't like lottery disguised as competitions.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tumnus Truck-Tour
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009

wrap up my day on sz with this gem:

This Red House Furniture ad was produced as part of our I Love Local Commercials Series sponsored by MicroBilt ( http://ilovelocalcommercials.com )--Nominate...

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            /\ Why you no invite zboss?!
                            I've just had a face palm moment. I only just realized when Faust called himself "zboss" that it's just a mispronunciation of "the boss". I pronounce the letter -z- as "zed" so I never got it until now.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                              • Jan 2010

Heading to Dallas, TX to meet my potential new employer. Thankfully the job is in Portland. I hope my experience in Dallas is better than the last time I was there.
                              THE HOUSE OF DIS
                              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Have fun in Dallas. I'm actually presenting you with a challenge more than anything. I lived in Dallas for a short stint. Not a fan of that city. Sorry for all you Texans in that pocket of the state.
                                Last edited by DHC; 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM.
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎