X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
    Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear that Albert. I wish I had some advice for you but unfortunately I don't. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you are OK and hopefully everything will work out!

Thanks man! I hope so too! I remain optimistic.

you know what the kicker is, about an hour and a half prior to me getting hit on the highway, I witnessed an accident on the street close to where i was parked and i had ran down to assist a woman and her two kids before EMS arrived. Later on, turns out it was the SAME tow truck driver that took their car away that hauled mine to the body shop.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      Yikes!
      Damn Albert, yikes is right. It's amazing that you are alive, which obviously I am glad to hear. Good luck getting everything sorted out, its a shame about the KG though.
      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Albert- Glad you're okay man! Sorry to hear about the ride but you'll be able to find another I'm sure.

As for insurance and 'pain and suffering' I went through all of the same things in my first accident. Some dude hit a lady behind me at a stop light and caused a 5 car accident and I got a lawyer to handle it all; Basically, from what I remember, he told me to continue getting treated (chiropractor, hospital check ups, etc.), right down the time I would be missing from work, and all of the 'damage' I received from being in the accident and he was able to pull a few grand for pain and suffering on top of all my medical and car bills. You should have no problems doing the same; Just get some recommendations for a good lawyer and you'll be straight.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• sshum88
          • Dec 2007

Shit Albert, sorry to hear about this. Glad you came out relatively unscathed even though the Ghia is a write-off. But they sure know how to build them back then. I'm a big fan of vintage cars and know how solid they are.
          Originally posted by eat me
          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Damn A, what a story. It's good to hear you're alive and well. It's a real shame about the car, but at least you got out of it without any serious injuries. Hope everything works out, keep us updated on how it goes.
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thanks guys!

We'll see how everything goes maybe tomorrow. A big thanks to Merz for his help and it was good to finally talk to you over the phone after all this time my friend :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                that's why they are so unsafe.
                Yessir. The passenger gets pulped inside the solid car. Much prefer the modern tactic of "car gets eated, passenger doesn't."
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• sam_tem
                  • Apr 2007

glad you're alright albert. i think one of my biggest fears is being killed in a car accident but it's probably cuz there's no such thing as a good driver in houston.

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                  Mexico does have serious drug cartel related problems but it doesn't affect everyone / everywhere, there's light and shade in everything. It's sad that the media image of my country is so deteriorated (bad news sell newspapers) but I actually think is better that this shit has become public and they are finally doing something about it.
                  i hate to wish tragedy on anyone, but i do hope this mess spills over into the US sooner rather than later cuz it won't be resolved until america gets truly involved. even if we ignore the fact that america plays a key role in the gang crisis (funded by american money and fought with american guns) you would think we would give a little more consideration to our neighbor's considering the large number of american citizens that have family and relatives still living in mexico.

with all the billions (if it's not trillions yet) we've spent trying to stamp out terrorism across the globe you'd think we could divert a litte more defense spending than the 500 million already offered to help proect our borders.

it's kind of mind boggling when you think how much money we give to the military and that "simpler" issues such as obesity and health care are a thousand times more dangerous than terrorism (just a wild guess here, i don't have any numbers).

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                    • Feb 2008

^totally mind boggling. agreed, but the idea of Borders itself is farcical when in the 80's through NAFTA the "free flow of labour" ie, borderless was already the plan, Jaques attali; Millenium "Winners and Losers and the coming NWO." This is typical Orwellian double think where they have factions arguing for tighter border control while they are building the NAFTA super highway, ie. the Trans Texas Corrridor......it is very good to see the compassion people have for Human suffering on this site tough, and that is most important...Border as a word itself is simply the masonic Bee Order...so I think we all know what that means.
                    It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Albert, I hope you are Ok. You better sue the shit out of this. Seriously. Go to every doctor in Austin.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Desperately looking for a picture of Lord Erlond with Agent Smith sunglasses and caption "The Matrix has you, Frodo." Help, I must have it.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Albert, I hope you are Ok. You better sue the shit out of this. Seriously. Go to every doctor in Austin.

thanks E :)

I'm currently waiting to hear what the other insurance co has to say and what they're going to offer me for compensation (medical, vehicle, pain&suffering) and if it's not up to par... it's lawyer time. I was given the name of a local lawyer who is actually in the volkswagen scene so has a particular interest in helping those out with vintage vw's. I hear she's a real hellion with insurance co's

The insurance company should be contacting me any day now... so we'll know soon where this will be going!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Desperately looking for a picture of Lord Erlond with Agent Smith sunglasses and caption "The Matrix has you, Frodo." Help, I must have it.

not quite, but close?

Comment

• howinpark
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              not quite, but close?

^^^^^

did you just happen to find this pic out?
                              I was once looking for Morphius? i ono know his perfect spelling but his sunglasses..
                              the ones you put on your nose

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks A. Not quite it, but close. Duck, I k ow it's out there (and duck you iPhone and your spelling suggestions)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎