Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto SS09 Paris

Default Yohji Yamamoto SS09 Paris

//////////
    Last edited by inaya; 04-15-2009 at 02:38 PM.

thank you for posting these inaya.

i the dresses. they look divine. and no heels

nothing out of the ordinary- i just like it.

thanks, Inaya

don't know how I feel about those hand prints on the shoulders - mostly everything is gorgeous, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Yohji doesn't believe in heels :p

no prob for the pics... I live for Yohji collections

Heirloom

this collection would be perfect with a razor sharp set of heels *one track mind*

thank you inaya!
    the first four jacket/coats are brilliant!!!

the constant use of shades is a cool touch...as is the solely black/white palette...the models feel quite frail in this presentation, a lot of the clothes are barely hanging on them?

not my favorite Yohji women's collection of late, but it's good ol' Yohji.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

I worship in the church of Yamamoto.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

this is an interesting contrast to his S/S 09 men's collection...which presented man as aging, whereas this feels refreshingly young and cool.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Lots of sunglasses, too. I smell another collaboration.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I think that I am kind of liking the jackets too, especially this one the more I look at it. But final determination upon in person viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by skot4mc View Post
    thank you inaya!
    the first four jacket/coats are brilliant!!!
    no prob and yes definitely... especially the second jacket imo

Thank you, inaya!

Bailout vote rejected, biggest single day points hit ever? At least Yohji is here!
    I will post more thoughts later, just so happy to see this up here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I worship in the church of Yamamoto.
    yes absolutely..

do you think he was trying to ake the girls look frail/sick in this runway?The facial makeup is quite interesting/frightening

wow i absolutely love this collection. his black and whites can't go wrong here!

There's not one picture there I don't absolutely love.

awesome looks! my kind of sexy girl!
    Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

A solid collection of unfussy clothing done in a way only Yohji can, made for women to work, to love, to live their lives in.
    To me there's a definite sense of continuity with his mens S/S 09 collection where he showed a suit collection, an everyday uniform for the Yohji man. This collection is for his women. He also explores further the Dior 'new look' silhouette of 1947, continuing from his last season.

As much as I love Yohji I was left wanting a little more. Granted it IS a S/S collection, but seemed to be lacking some of the dramatic flair evident in his last S/S collection of dark swathes of flamingo ruffles and sharp silver looks. In fact, some of the simpler black looks would look right at home in a + NOIR collection. But in the end, he wins me back with a ethereal signature sweeping white dress, and the small mudra prints of last looks remind me that equanimity is a virtue, and that it is weaved into the fabric of these garmets.

Solid collection. IMO Yamamoto is one of the best designer ever grace the fashion world.
    ________
    DR650S
    Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantster View Post
    A solid collection of unfussy clothing done in a way only Yohji can, made for women to work, to love, to live their lives in.
    To me there's a definite sense of continuity with his mens S/S 09 collection where he showed a suit collection, an everyday uniform for the Yohji man. This collection is for his women. He also explores further the Dior 'new look' silhouette of 1947, continuing from his last season.

As much as I love Yohji I was left wanting a little more. Granted it IS a S/S collection, but seemed to be lacking some of the dramatic flair evident in his last S/S collection of dark swathes of flamingo ruffles and sharp silver looks. In fact, some of the simpler black looks would look right at home in a + NOIR collection. But in the end, he wins me back with a ethereal signature sweeping white dress, and the small mudra prints of last looks remind me that equanimity is a virtue, and that it is weaved into the fabric of these garmets.
    Very much agreed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine