Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

There's not one picture there I don't absolutely love.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• airboyair
      • Oct 2006

awesome looks! my kind of sexy girl!
      Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

A solid collection of unfussy clothing done in a way only Yohji can, made for women to work, to love, to live their lives in.
        To me there's a definite sense of continuity with his mens S/S 09 collection where he showed a suit collection, an everyday uniform for the Yohji man. This collection is for his women. He also explores further the Dior 'new look' silhouette of 1947, continuing from his last season.

As much as I love Yohji I was left wanting a little more. Granted it IS a S/S collection, but seemed to be lacking some of the dramatic flair evident in his last S/S collection of dark swathes of flamingo ruffles and sharp silver looks. In fact, some of the simpler black looks would look right at home in a + NOIR collection. But in the end, he wins me back with a ethereal signature sweeping white dress, and the small mudra prints of last looks remind me that equanimity is a virtue, and that it is weaved into the fabric of these garmets.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• tjoek
          • Apr 2008

Solid collection. IMO Yamamoto is one of the best designer ever grace the fashion world.
          ________
          DR650S
          Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
            A solid collection of unfussy clothing done in a way only Yohji can, made for women to work, to love, to live their lives in.
            To me there's a definite sense of continuity with his mens S/S 09 collection where he showed a suit collection, an everyday uniform for the Yohji man. This collection is for his women. He also explores further the Dior 'new look' silhouette of 1947, continuing from his last season.

As much as I love Yohji I was left wanting a little more. Granted it IS a S/S collection, but seemed to be lacking some of the dramatic flair evident in his last S/S collection of dark swathes of flamingo ruffles and sharp silver looks. In fact, some of the simpler black looks would look right at home in a + NOIR collection. But in the end, he wins me back with a ethereal signature sweeping white dress, and the small mudra prints of last looks remind me that equanimity is a virtue, and that it is weaved into the fabric of these garmets.
            Very much agreed.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
              yes absolutely..

do you think he was trying to ake the girls look frail/sick in this runway?The facial makeup is quite interesting/frightening
              Maybe frail, but not sick. That doesn't sound like Yohji.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• inaya
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                yes absolutely..

do you think he was trying to ake the girls look frail/sick in this runway?The facial makeup is quite interesting/frightening
                yeah def... I'd say more ghost-like

here is a beautiful video of the show

Comment

• Secretside
                  • Jul 2008

detail shots

definitely one of my favorites (so far) of the season, solid yohji. and the jackets!

insane.

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

That's my favourite piece/pic too.

The collection is very beautiful, elegant, languid, easy. It is also to my eyes as I think Avanster said, very much a female version of the menswear for summer. The asymetric details are almost identical.

Two reservations though - the sunglasses really jar with me, I don't think they fit with the asethetic at all. And it is a bit "yohji by numbers"; this is not particularly a problem but it is a little bit predictable. Maybe his charm is not to be a trailblazer any more, and therefore unpredictability is not relevant.

PS i was in the yohji shop in paris last week and they are the most unfriendly bunch. Was the only shop where the assistants did not say the usual bonjour/merci au revoir, even when i said it to them!

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

sorry to hear about your shopping experience, Johnny. I never found the NYC sales staff the most friendly, either. The gang who hold court on the main floor at the Aoyama flagship are very friendly, as are the dudes at the menswear store-in-store in Isetan.

and yeah the jackets are great, but its standard yohji fare at this point.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        That's my favourite piece/pic too.

The collection is very beautiful, elegant, languid, easy. It is also to my eyes as I think Avanster said, very much a female version of the menswear for summer. The asymetric details are almost identical.

Two reservations though - the sunglasses really jar with me, I don't think they fit with the asethetic at all. And it is a bit "yohji by numbers"; this is not particularly a problem but it is a little bit predictable. Maybe his charm is not to be a trailblazer any more, and therefore unpredictability is not relevant.

PS i was in the yohji shop in paris last week and they are the most unfriendly bunch. Was the only shop where the assistants did not say the usual bonjour/merci au revoir, even when i said it to them!
                        Bummer! You must go to the Antwerp store one day - it's stunning/friendly. Come to think of it - you haven't been to Antwerp, have you?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

No never been. I need to go. And also to Bruges. I watched In Bruges again last night, what a great film.
                          Paris is generally quite friendly though. I was wearing some lanvin in YY, and I got a bit of a down the nose look from a few of them!!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            No never been. I need to go. And also to Bruges. I watched In Bruges again last night, what a great film.
                            Paris is generally quite friendly though. I was wearing some lanvin in YY, and I got a bit of a down the nose look from a few of them!!
                            Really? I read all crap review, hmm.. Well, I also dislike Colin Farrell, so... Maybe I should check it out anyway. I've been to Bruges, it's pretty. There is a lovely little store there for Mrs. Johnny. And Antwerp... well, Antwerp is Antwerp. Sorry to derail the thread, everyone! Good Yohji clothes!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Boki
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I worship in the church of Yamamoto.
                              i agree man. i love yohji and i love his stuff.
                              AWESOME collection

Comment

• XSKY
                                • Jun 2008

this is my favorite so far of the womens... love the silhouettes he went with, baggy but sexy... It seems though that these could only be really worn by taller slender women...These might look overly exaggerated on a shorter person...
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎