• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
    Any tea drinkers? Anyone recommend a good place in NYC for tea, perhaps with an online store as well?
    I only know of Tea and Sympathy - some English expat gig. Can't vouch for it personally though. There is also Tea Lounge in Brooklyn, a couple of them - those are good.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• May 2007

Ito en on madison avenue somewhere in the 60s is fantastic for tea. There's also a shop on lafayette street just north of canal, will be going by it in the next few days and grab the number. It's more of a shop to buy tea though they do serve as well.
      Also on west broadway just north of grand st is a restaurant/tea place.

Any tea drinkers? Anyone recommend a good place in NYC for tea, perhaps with an online store as well?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I only know of Tea and Sympathy - some English expat gig. Can't vouch for it personally though. There is also Tea Lounge in Brooklyn, a couple of them - those are good.
        when i lived around the corner ten years ago i would go here religiously. expect a 20 minute wait. great evesdropping potential if you like it or not. bathroom is literally the size of raw edge's cdiem boots
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

got a lot of questions for me

hope your writing a book

city girl cafe on 63 thompson in soho has really good coffee which is stumptown i believe
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            when i lived around the corner ten years ago i would go here religiously. expect a 20 minute wait. great evesdropping potential if you like it or not. bathroom is literally the size of raw edge's cdiem boots
            True that.

Laughed, I don't know how I could forget about Takashimaya. Hands down the best tea place I've seen - I buy tea for the house there when I'm in the neighborhood.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LupinTheFourth View Post
              It sucks that people can't smoke in cafe's or bars anymore...
              It ruins the atmosphere. (I am well aware of the dangers of smoking)
              I don't know what the system is in the States for example, but in EU it's forbidden to smoke in bars etc, except some nightclubs have a special booth (they call it a room) for smoking.

I mean what's more "romantic" than to go to your favourite cafe, sit down with a good magazine/book, a big cup of GOOD coffee and a pack of cigarrettes?

Summer is a totally different scenario, when you have tables outside and all, but autumn and winter: a perfect weather to enjoy the warmth of a good cafe atmosphere... And now it's gone.

I was able to enjoy a mediocre cafe with the help of indoor smoking, but now it takes a realy good place to enjoy my coffee.
              i d love places u can smoke in....woman with a siggarett was always looks so good to me....i love the smell of smoke especially cigars.....and i never got that health thing....is it smoking really that bad ?it looks so sexy
              but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Raw Edge
                • Jan 2008

damn my boots have enough room in them for several people to urinate...

If you are looking for genuine, high quality tea, you should go to Radiance Tea House on 55th st. (I think between 5th and 6th).
                imho it is the only legitimate purveyor of top quality chinese teas and its a nice place to sit, read, etc.

Originally posted by philip nod View Post

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

reading this thread just makes me miss new york - and the tourist confusion as to what something labelled a "cafe" really serves...

-

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Has someone in this thread been to (or mentioned) the Stumptown branch at the Ace Hotel? Joint opened on labor day. 29th and Broadway. I'd love to check it out and see what all the fuss is about in regards to Stumptown roasts!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
                      i d love places u can smoke in....woman with a siggarett was always looks so good to me....i love the smell of smoke especially cigars.....and i never got that health thing....is it smoking really that bad ?it looks so sexy

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

I'm not really familiar with how a good coffee should be like but I bought some ecological arabica (I think?) beans and made some espresso out of it. really the best coffee I've ever tried.
                        could anyone recommend me some good place to have a nice cup of coffee in stockholm?

Comment

• een
                          • Sep 2006

mellqvist
                          hornsgatan 80
                          södermalm

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

oh, nice. thanks again! :)

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                              • Aug 2009

Nah

Patronizing by banning things and marketing against:
                              too much real problems being unnoticed and handled...

People can choose to smoke or not, so would I like to choose to drink coffee while smoking (or vice versa). I think there would be lots of restaurant/bar/cafe owners who'd like smoking in their facilities.
                              A smoking bar/cafe, simply and still a public place.

Not a big deal.

Just because something is unhealthy for you doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to choose weather to do it or not.
                              modern man

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Lupin, the reason smoking is banned many places is because it is unhealthy for those around you. No one gives a shit if you want to kill yourself (well, maybe a few people do), but when your bad habits impact the health of others is when people get excited. I'm not saying there shouldn't be smoking bars/pubs/cafes, I'm just saying that you should probably take issue with the actual reason smoking was banned.

Also, you mean whether.

EDITED
                                Last edited by theetruscan; 09-26-2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: I mean the generic you, not you specifically. . . I hope.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎