Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Haven't looked at this thread for a while.
    I absolutely love the boots, and like the fact that they've changed the original zipper pulls to these much nicer ones.......

I adore this Color
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• gohn
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
      The boots look pretty similar to CDiem ones. I'd give them a try just for that...
      and the better part is you could having two pairs with same paid

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

+ post from RP thread. Devoa short jacket in Rayon/Linen/Wool. Using an old military recipes of creating rayon/linen as an alternative to wool.

Buffalo horn buttons.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Emel
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by magic View Post
          Beautiful pictures!

Out of curiosity, have you had the opportunity to see if it's heat retaining capabilities are on par with wool?
          Did the japanese military succeed?
          It's the suede/denim secret police; they've come to your house for your long haired niece

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
            • Nov 2010

@ Magic

Beautiful coat. I really like the shape of the collar and the buttons looks exquisite!

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

thanks guys.

Emel: i have no idea...
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

quality

I'm a bit surprised to be posting about this, but I've been having a quality issue with my cotton / linen twist pants. The right, medial seam of the right knee has been splitting repeatedly. Taken them to a tailor twice and once repaired they're seemingly unblemished. Yet it continues to happen. It's not fit, because they fit amazingly - and not tight in the slightest. I suppose it's bit tight when the knee is fully bent but it's not bilateral.
                I think it may actually have to do with the fabric and how it's woven. The weave is slightly bigger than other blends I've seen and it's almost like it's pulling apart. As in, the seam is still intact. Curious if any else has experienced this. Besides that they're breaking in nicely. Still can't believe they were as affordable as they were.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

No problem with mine, but not sure if I have the same ones. I live in mine, and not a squeak out of them. Sounds like they fit me the same way, a bit tight behind the knee when sitting down, perfect otherwise. Maybe talk to the store where you bought them, see if they can sort it out.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

^I wish I lived in mine. That was the plan til this.
                    Took them back to the tailor and we found the flaw when the garment was turned inside out. Normally the edges of the two pieces of fabric that make up the leg line up. Then a parallel seam is stitched. In the problem area the edges do not line up, thus the stitch is sewn through a weaker portion of the fabric (closer to the edge). Had it been a thick denim it may have held, but since it's woven, it pulls and gives.

Unfortunately I picked these up of a person, not a store. But we're going to reinforce then with an additional piece of fabric underneath. Hopefully that will relieve stress in that area, or place it on something more substantial. If anyone has any tips, lemme know.

Comment

• Dandyzoku
                      • Dec 2010

Saw one of his hoodies from last collection and was blown away from the materials he used. Can't seem to find the post at the moment though. Does anybody know where I can purchase his stuff?
                      qu'est-ce que je doit apporter à ces créatures???

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

come on.... google > first link (official site) > dealers?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

this belongs in the WTF thread..

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I tried one on empty and thought it looked kind of cool. of course, if you fill it up it'll look awkward. not wtf-worthy imo.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

agreed - looks very good in real life, actually. and if you need to put a book somewhere and don't want to carry a bag, which I often do, it's not a bad idea. i use the huge inside pockets on my harnden jacket for that, and even the backpocket on my rick winter jacket. i actually don't like carrying bags, even though i often do.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                                • Jan 2010

If people are looking for a 'go to' pair of pants I'd definitely recommend Devoa, I have a pair of the carrot leg twist pants and they are so easy to wear. The material is supple but still thick and the texture is lovely. The twist and stack on the leg looks really natural too I find and with a slight bootcut they proportion well with chunkier-toed boots such as my Layer-0s.

Bit of an out of the blue post, but I thought I'd share my experience with other sz'ers, it has taken me a while to find a pair of pants that fits me well and I've just been so impressed with these.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎