Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swrecked
    • Sep 2011

^ I totally agree. I just bought a black pair of the Devoa f/w 2011 heavy cotton pants. The curved seam and raw edges look great, and the thicker material make them perfect for colder weather.

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

I have been eyeing this label for quite some time now and although I don't own anything of it yet, I am very fond of the general aesthetic and approach to fashion (e.g. continuously improving their own signature pieces rather than trying to invent something inherently new from season to season).

What I do like especially is the tailored stuff - cut very sharp with the signature pagoda shoulders and anatomic cut arms. However, as I haven't tried anything on yet, I wondered that the way Devoa cuts may not fit one's body type?
      For example, there is this wool jacket from current FW11.
      It fits awkward on:
      Hlorenzo model and on the guy at Layers London. Not only that the shoulders look awkward (especially at the last-mentioned guy), there are also these creases on the back of the shoulder/arm. And I could also imagine that the anatomic (j-shaped?) arms don't look good if your arms are longer / shorter / of different proportions than what the designer expects them to be?
      On the other side, the blazer looks awesome on the lookbook model (goes without saying though) and on the guy at Zekka.

Would appreciate thoughts on this 'issue'. Also, does the fit vary much from season to season? I have the impression, that the mentioned blazer has more of a bell shape on the back than other blazers.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

there is no issue here imo, layers and lorenzo models wear jackets that are obviously too big.

i tried on devoa tailoring several times at their showroom in paris fw and the fit is awesome indeed, the materials are nice too. i don't really need this kind of piece in my wardrobe at the moment, but i could consider it in the future for sure.
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• swrecked
          • Sep 2011

Agreed, the models don't always wear the right size, which I really don't understand.

I have a few Devoa pieces (shirts and pants) and really love the clean simple lines, fit, and material. I'd always recommend trying on items if you can, especially something from the same season as you're buying. I'm personally looking forward to their SS12 collection.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^ It is weird right, maybe they rush it. Zekka's shots are always good though.

^^^ I reckon Devoa is one of the most on point labels when it comes to sizing. Of course trying on the items is best, but Devoa is one of the labels I'd confidently kop online.

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Deova is a very underrated label. I personally love it - the cut, the fabrics, the finish, the general concept. I think people should pay more attention to it, it's definitely worth it.

LOVELY SS12 VIDEO

Comment

• miserableman
                • Dec 2009

imo, none of the pieces look good on the layers model not because they're too big but because he already has very broad shoulders.

Those jackets definitely are not meant for people who already have shoulders I'd say.

The sizing has varied from season to season previously but maybe has settled down now, the last couple seasons.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

the fit on Devoa tailoredware is superb in my experience. there's a lot of nice detailing and thought behind the cuts that go a long way when it comes to fit. the button-up shirts and twist pants are great too - just slim enough without being too tight. if anything to nitpick though, the sleeves are a little long sometimes but maybe that's just because i'm not very tall. designs aren't always groundbreaking but the fit and fabric are always spot on, and it's a very easy label to wear. in my opinion, ss10 is when Devoa really started to click, and each successive collection has had a lot of great pieces. note that sizing ranges a little bit on some tailoredware with different seasons, so it's best to try it on.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

I agree about the sleeves, I always need to have the sleeves shortened for his tailored pieces. The shoulders seem to be cut a bit slimmer for this season's blazer.

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                      I have been eyeing this label for quite some time now and although I don't own anything of it yet, I am very fond of the general aesthetic and approach to fashion (e.g. continuously improving their own signature pieces rather than trying to invent something inherently new from season to season).

What I do like especially is the tailored stuff - cut very sharp with the signature pagoda shoulders and anatomic cut arms. However, as I haven't tried anything on yet, I wondered that the way Devoa cuts may not fit one's body type?
                      For example, there is this wool jacket from current FW11.
                      It fits awkward on:
                      Hlorenzo model and on the guy at Layers London. Not only that the shoulders look awkward (especially at the last-mentioned guy), there are also these creases on the back of the shoulder/arm. And I could also imagine that the anatomic (j-shaped?) arms don't look good if your arms are longer / shorter / of different proportions than what the designer expects them to be?
                      On the other side, the blazer looks awesome on the lookbook model (goes without saying though) and on the guy at Zekka.

Would appreciate thoughts on this 'issue'. Also, does the fit vary much from season to season? I have the impression, that the mentioned blazer has more of a bell shape on the back than other blazers.
                      Mofiya, these fitpics are a total clusterfuck except for the lookbook, but even on that photo, it would look better if the sleeves were longer, hitting the thumb joint for instance.

I have this blazer. One thing to point out is that they're all buttoning it incorrectly, leading to an odd pulling at the waist. There is a double faced button on it... Hard to explain. Suffice to say that they are doing it wrong. Next, the layers model is six and a half feet tall, so he should not be wearing devoa. There is some intersting anatomic cutting under at the airpit to allow ease of movement. From afar it can look a bit like baggy or creased fabric.

I hard the arms shortened on mine to achieve the perfect length. You would have to be quite lucky indeed to have the sleeves meet at precisely the right place. No shame in getting them altered. Only trouble is the the j shaped sleeves means that it is a job for a talented tailor, not just the guy at the dry cleaners.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Thanks, all. I really appreciate your experience with the label and this makes a purchase in the future even more probable :)

But one thing:

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                        Next, the layers model is six and a half feet tall, so he should not be wearing devoa.
                        Is this true? I am 6'2 tall. Is this stuff cut for shorter people?
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                          Thanks, all. I really appreciate your experience with the label and this makes a purchase in the future even more probable :)

But one thing:

Is this true? I am 6'2 tall. Is this stuff cut for shorter people?
                          what size are you? because I'm at least 6 inches shorter and the 46 fits me spot on, even the sleeves are pretty close to perfect though I do wish the jackets were longer in general, this may be a problem if you are used to Rick blazers which are very long. I would say these are just a hair longer than a normal blazer.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

P, the model for Zekka is wearing a size 2 in the blazer and I think he's around 6'2.

Comment

• copacetic
                              • Nov 2010

Not really for shorter people. But not 6'6" people. That guy is huge. 6'2" is probably not ideal tbh, but you'll be fine.
                              And "When the prince has gathered about him
                              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• eat me
                                • May 2009

I love Devoa's cut, I think it's not the most forgiving one, but it's one of the very few comfortable slim cut jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎