Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto Mens FW09, Paris

Default Yohji Yamamoto Mens FW09, Paris

this captain charly fellow needs to take his shakey-hand meds...
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

lol best line on sz i herd in a long time
    if i had some liquid in my mouth it would have been all over the screen now :)

Here we go, more to come as they are uploaded!

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Not feeling the boxers-over-pants and the pink coats, the boxy cuts, knitwear and jackets look great as usual, Yohji can't do bad.

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Done!
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Yes! thanks so much, B-I!

I had a feeling that the skirts would be back... weird "grandpa-lounging-in-his-underwear/sweats" vibe in some of the outfits, but easily enough great pieces here to fill a wardrobe.

I want Yohji clones. Literally. Or at least freeze him until we invent a youth elixir.
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

where it's at!!! I refreshed like mad until this was posted. first reaction to PJs and robes is...undecided (though I'll bet the fabric is superb), and the colors are intriguing to say the least...but I am immediately drawn to the above three. I'll try to post more intelligently once the effect sinks in. and the man himself looks great.

^ hanajibu, also my favourite outfits!

This is just awesome, all of it.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Amazing outfits and nice pose by Yohji himself haha

Eh, this wasn't my favorite Yohji. A lot of very standard, very Yohji-ish stuff and some things that are making me go, "WTF?"

The boxers and some of the prints/patterns on the shirts and knits are hideous. If D&G had done them and not Yohji (and, in fact, I think they did a while back), we'd be saying how awful they were.

Yohji can't lose, just because he has such a keen aesthetic and keeps working with it, but sometimes he DOES miss. Sorry if I feel like this one does.

not at all rach, this collection was a disappointment for me as well.

amongst the departures from his usual oversized black/white/black looks that don't need much comment at this point, some of the chunkier knits worked, I liked the look with the gaunt looking older man who also walked S/S 09.

The Che/Benicio references are timely, got a chuckle out of me. Also was seeing some Basquiat references, dunno if it was just me.

Other than that, the styling was kind of awkward for some of the sleepwear oriented/inspired looks. Collection felt a bit all over the place, lacked the cohesiveness of s/s 09 and 08 (as I said elsewhere, the spring collections have been stronger for Yohji mens over the f/w for the past few years, unlike the womens which hits a high note no matter what), or even the statement making impact of f/w 08 which felt a bit more tied together in its theme and stronger in execution.

This is probably my least favorite YY collection since s/s 06.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs