Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junya Watanabe Mens F/W09.10 Paris

Default Junya Watanabe Mens F/W09.10 Paris

Banned

oh no

Looking at this after Rick's collection hurts me eyes.

I thought Number (N)ine did it better....

I have to say i don't think number nine did better, this is classic menswear done with the Junya touch. I can see there's some pieces that are terrible, but I can definitely see some pieces I'd love to have.

lolwut. maybe they're poking fun at that new store in seattle.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

I think it just all ends up looking the same.

With NN, at least he played around with the ideas of workwear (shruken turtleneck sweater tops, huge flannel coats, big hats, etc.). This collection just looks like it has more of a hunting vibe than the last two (with all the leather shoulder patches).

I don't know, I'm just not down with it. You can buy pretty much all those looks from someone like Engineered Garments and pay 1/4 of the price and still look like you are camping 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Casius View Post
    I think it just all ends up looking the same.

With NN, at least he played around with the ideas of workwear (shruken turtleneck sweater tops, huge flannel coats, big hats, etc.). This collection just looks like it has more of a hunting vibe than the last two (with all the leather shoulder patches).

I don't know, I'm just not down with it. You can buy pretty much all those looks from someone like Engineered Garments and pay 1/4 of the price and still look like you are camping 24/7.
    I can see what you mean, but as I said, there's a few pieces that's good, and some a bit too camp'ish / hunting. Hopefully there are some details on the garments, when you look at them in person. Atleast there should be something special at those prices

RL Steez... shrunken.
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

im over recycled americana

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    im over recycled americana
    This is the way I feel.

I want to be taken somewhere else and I'm not talking about Montana (no offense to anyone from Montana. :D).

Quote Originally Posted by Casius View Post
    LULZ.

I always want to like Junya Watanabe, but he makes it increasingly hard for me to do so.
    Don't fuck with me fellas, this aint my first time at the rodeo.

I think you guys are being overly harsh on this collection. Sure it's nothing new from Junya, but a nice progression of what he's done over the last few seasons. Customers who have invested heavily in Junya over the past year and a half will be able to incorporate this well into their wardrobe.

Pros:
    Great colors and hues.
    Jackets will be well-made and will have interesting tailored details not seen in these pictures.
    Good take on classic shoes.
    Despite the comparison to EG etc, the cuts on most of these pieces will probably be much better than any of those said labels.

Cons:
    Footwear and jackets will probably start at $1500.

kinda like a recollection of all his earlier collections
    ________
    Extreme q
    Last edited by howl; 05-08-2011 at 10:47 PM.

did they just dig through a value village to piece these outfits together?

it sure looks like that's what's happened.